RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

I'm a believer!

jmwills

Well, I finally managed to jack up my iTunes library (I hate this software) and there my WHS backup was, waiting to bail me out. Sometimes we write and preach about the value of systems and never have to use them; until now.

Yep, most don't believe in backup until they lose or almost lose valuable data. In my case it was almost the loss of my honeymoon pics.

(I hate this software)

I had the pleasure of uninstalling that junk from one of my PCs today! Short rant. Why when you install iTunes does it install QuickTomb and like four other bits of crapware that you don't need for iTunes to work? But yet when you uninstall it you have to go and uninstall all of this other crapware one at a time! I’ll ask it again. Is there any software for a PC that is worse than this junk?

Oh and yeah WHS saves the day for me more than I care to admit :)

fasthair

I had the pleasure of uninstalling that junk from one of my PCs today! Short rant. Why when you install iTunes does it install QuickTomb and like four other bits of crapware that you don't need for iTunes to work? But yet when you uninstall it you have to go and uninstall all of this other crapware one at a time! I’ll ask it again. Is there any software for a PC that is worse than this junk?

Oh and yeah WHS saves the day for me more than I care to admit :)

fasthair

Oh yea.. this is the good side of the high-end win7 systems.. you can use applocker to ensure you ain't going to get anything from apple installed on your computer :D

I know what you mean! I had a backup and backup of a backup fail at the same time!(two external HD's) The backup of a backup of a backup saved me.(third external HD) You can never have to many backups!

One of my Ipods is 108 gb so I am fairly careful as I have no wish to rebuild that one by hand. All of my computers are partitioned into multiple drives. The first partition is Windows (and Windows only) and the rest can be various things but there is always an Ipod only partition. With 100+ gb it makes sense to do it that way. Had to reinstall Windows once during 7 beta and forgot to back up transient data. A quick visit to my backups gave me back my Itunes library in about 5 minutes. Gotta love it.

I know what you mean! I had a backup and backup of a backup fail at the same time!(two external HD's) The backup of a backup of a backup saved me.(third external HD) You can never have to many backups!

Well, unless there's no room left in your house cause its filled with backup drives :D

Well, unless there's no room left in your house cause its filled with backup drives :D

Then it is time to get a bigger house!