RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Sophos UTM is getting a new version and guess what? No more 50 IP Limit.

nrf

anyone looked over the new features? seems like we would need another drashna-style guide...

Drashna Jaelre

anyone looked over the new features? seems like we would need another drashna-style guide...

Yup. HyperV VM.

The setup is a bit more ... problematic. You have to manually set up a DHCP Server, in additional to the adapter configuration.

Aside from that, it looks much the same, but massively re-laid out. And not really for the better. 

Once it's "final", I'll write up some new guides. 

nrf

front page looks like a mess to me, even worse than the current product.

itGeeks

Oh, man....

All of my rules are Written in RegEx (I made sure of that, actually). So they should carry over. I hope.

But I don't like the new UI. It's .... actually more cluttered. 

However, there are a lot more options, and a lot more customization, it looks like. (and you should be able to customize the splash screens it creates now!). 

Man... I'm going to have to completely rewrite my guides...... and stop progress on the ones I've been trying to work on.

Job security Chris :D

Poppapete

When I first started using Sophos I thought 50 IP's would be plenty.  Just counted my current list -46 but not all in use at the same time.  I will be needing more than 50 soon and I have no home automation gadgets at present.

itGeeks

front page looks like a mess to me, even worse than the current product.

Beta UI Changes are planed, I don't know if you where looking at the old or new.

https://www.astaro.org/beta-versions/project-copernicus-public-beta/58721-beta-ui-changes-planned.html

Yup. HyperV VM.

The setup is a bit more ... problematic. You have to manually set up a DHCP Server, in additional to the adapter configuration.

Aside from that, it looks much the same, but massively re-laid out. And not really for the better. 

Once it's "final", I'll write up some new guides. 

Chris how are you going to approach the install for the least amount of reconfiguration work?

nrf

seems like lack of overall purpose beyond 'making it different'... I will be waiting for it to shake out.

Drashna Jaelre

Job security Chris :D

lol, maybe. But it's unpaid. :)

Beta UI Changes are planed, I don't know if you where looking at the old or new.

https://www.astaro.org/beta-versions/project-copernicus-public-beta/58721-beta-ui-changes-planned.html

Chris how are you going to approach the install for the least amount of reconfiguration work?

I'm going to do a clean install, see below for why.

seems like lack of overall purpose beyond 'making it different'... I will be waiting for it to shake out.

From what I've read on the sophos forums, the web filter is a LOT better. Less delays in page load (which I have noticed), and better compatibility overall (especially for streaming like youtube).

So I probably will do a clean install once it's out of beta.  

I do have a HyperV VM that i'm using, but .... until it's out of beta, I don't plan on putting it into production, and I don't plan on writing guides until then. 

itGeeks

lol, maybe. But it's unpaid. :)

I'm going to do a clean install, see below for why.

From what I've read on the sophos forums, the web filter is a LOT better. Less delays in page load (which I have noticed), and better compatibility overall (especially for streaming like youtube).

So I probably will do a clean install once it's out of beta.  

I do have a HyperV VM that i'm using, but .... until it's out of beta, I don't plan on putting it into production, and I don't plan on writing guides until then. 

Chris I had seen that also. Well I took the plunge and wow it is allot diffident, I cant figure out the port forwarding on this new version. Did you get port forwarding working?

Drashna Jaelre

Chris I had seen that also. Well I took the plunge and wow it is allot diffident, I cant figure out the port forwarding on this new version. Did you get port forwarding working?

I've looked, and it's not clear. To be honest, I have no idea.  I'll need to put it into production to really test it out.