RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Sophos UTM is getting a new version and guess what? No more 50 IP Limit.

Jason

Thanks snapper. This is great info. Am going through now and evaluating which devices I have that do not require access to the internet. Didn't expect them to be so few and far between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snapper

Another trick is if you have devices that don't matter if they get double NAT, you can put a cheap router in front of them. They all use the cheap router as their DHCP & DG and the cheap router uses Sophos as its WAN.

This "merges" all the devices downstream of the cheap router into a single IP address for Sophos.

I know this is not really allowed and probably against the home licence, but once XG is in a better space, this wouldn't matter anyway.

Jason

Snapper, great suggestion. Sophos doesn't discourage users from doing that in home environments when they encounter the IP limit. That's not to say they endorse it.

For those with Open-Mesh systems, is it possible to create a separate "Network" within CloudTrax that shares one LAN IP and those devices can be put behind it?

I put OM back online temporarily to try and workaround this (vs installing a new UTM platform, for time being). Currently have one SSID for network and another SSID for guest, but each device connected to the SSID is getting a unique IP.

Jason

So far I'm steadily using 50 of 50 allowed Sophos UTM home license IPs. Didn't realize the limit was actually 55. Removed multiple smart TVs and a few other devices. Trying to make it last.

xbliss

There was a point where UTM 9.3 was stabler and 9.4 had some issues/ bugs. I'm going to do a fresh VM install of it on a Mini Box, what version should I go with? 

PS: Is the XG worth going for or we lose more on it as compared to UTM?