RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen8 MicroS & adding Memory

Pfeifenraucher

Hi folks,

i got that microserver an wanted to upgrade the memory with two times of HP's 8GB (604506-B21). Plugged in i get an status 0114 at 90% with boot-loop.

As far as i can see, the memory is not recognized. When i replug the 2GB- and one 8GB-bar bios and systeminformation show 10GB. Graphical Boot-screen (Prolioant ...) and operating system only show 2GB.

What can i do - i thought that memory would suit fine to Gen8.

regards from GER.

Hi folks,

i got that microserver an wanted to upgrade the memory with two times of HP's 8GB (604506-B21). Plugged in i get an status 0114 at 90% with boot-loop.

As far as i can see, the memory is not recognized. When i replug the 2GB- and one 8GB-bar bios and systeminformation show 10GB. Graphical Boot-screen (Prolioant ...) and operating system only show 2GB.

What can i do - i thought that memory would suit fine to Gen8.

regards from GER.

Though that part number seems correct, are you sure you haven't got Registered memory (as the Gen8 takes non Registered or unbuffered) as the halt at boot time seems consistent with others that have tried to use Registered. Either that, or your memory may be duff.  

Though that part number seems correct, are you sure you haven't got Registered memory (as the Gen8 takes non Registered or unbuffered) as the halt at boot time seems consistent with others that have tried to use Registered. Either that, or your memory may be duff.  

How can i check that? As far as i know the Gen8 needs registered ECC. Is there any setting in bios to be checked?

How can i check that? As far as i know the Gen8 needs registered ECC. Is there any setting in bios to be checked?

No, though the Gen8 takes (needs) ECC, but it cant be registered (buffered), it has to be unbuffered.  

What numbers are on the mem stick, something like, DDR3 ECC PC3L-10600R. The R afetr the speed shows that it's registered.

• Like 1