RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

Jason

I'm running the latest production firmware release now for 20 days on both AP set to manual channels 5/44+ and no iOS 9-9.02 dropouts on any client. So far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itGeeks

Were no issues for 20+ days. Then noticed my APs recently self-updated to fw-ng-r586 the latest firmware. Not sure that it adds any specific Apple compatibility fixes. Here are release notes:

https://help.cloudtrax.com/hc/en-us/articles/205359700-Firmware-586-Current-Forward-Release-

Thanks for the update, Cant really tell anything from the release notes. We can only hope there is inprovment for iOS. My unit will be here Monday so I will test it and report back, I don't have any iOS devices but I have Android devices, Tablets, Laptops on wireless.

Jason

Since setting both of my APs to manual, these devices have been life changing. Great coverage and the seamless client handoff just makes you take wifi for granted. I've considered adding a 3rd AP into the mesh config on our 2nd floor for the ultimate setup. Current coverage extends upstairs but not quite as strong as on ground floor.

itGeeks

Since setting both of my APs to manual, these devices have been life changing. Great coverage and the seamless client handoff just makes you take wifi for granted. I've considered adding a 3rd AP into the mesh config on our 2nd floor for the ultimate setup. Current coverage extends upstairs but not quite as strong as on ground floor.

I gotta tell you I am really glad your having good luck now with my recommendation, I was feeling really bad that you and Mike (aka pcdoc) where having all these problems with iOS. I can only hope that Mike with the help of Open-Mesh support will get it worked out. As for coverage upstairs I would say as long as your signal does not drop below -70 dBm then your fine, Heck I still good decent speeds browsing websites when my signal is -60 dBm so if your only looking at numbers and loosing sleep over not having numbers above -70 then go for it and put one on each floor and go have a beer :D  

Edited by itGeeks

Jason

I've surveyed my Open-Mesh with InSSIDER 4 and found that I stay below -60 dBm across the house. Including 1st and 2nd floor. Worst case it hits -55 dBm max. So perhaps adding a 3rd AP on 2nd floor would be overkill?

itGeeks

I've surveyed my Open-Mesh with InSSIDER 4 and found that I stay below -60 dBm across the house. Including 1st and 2nd floor. Worst case it hits -55 dBm max. So perhaps adding a 3rd AP on 2nd floor would be overkill?

I agree I think it would be overkill. Glad its all working well for you though.

pcdoc

The version they uploaded is the same they sent me as the beta they had me test a couple of weeks ago. In the last 15+ plus days, I have had only one issue which seemed to only happen to one device so I am not sure it is the AP's fault.  For the most part I am very happy with it.  I have put it back as my primary unit now and have attached my new Chromecasts to it.  I have also upgraded my laptop wifi to fully exploit the AC standard.  Very pleased with the performance and range.  I bought this so I could expand easily but as it turns out, I may not have to.  I am sure that this product will only get better so I am a believer.

Jason

Are set back to auto channel selection with the latest firmware? Or manual channels?

pcdoc

Are set back to auto channel selection with the latest firmware? Or manual channels?

Do not recall but I believe they stay the same.  When I got the update I had done allot of experimenting so I am not sure if the firmware reset or if I had tried something.  My understanding from them is the default is 5/44 not auto.