RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

itGeeks

When you start making millions off the referrals, remember I get a commission.... :lol: .

Don't worry Mike, I already setup direct deposit into your account. Now all you have to do is sit back and get hungry :D But don't worry I will be joining you on the hunger line if this is all I have to live on lol

pcdoc

This is great info. I too am now on iOS 9 release. Though the issue still happened for me on iOS 9 beta. I believe I still have WPA2 only mode still enabled on my Open-Mesh. I need to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I was to optimistic.  Went out on me this morning and had to reboot the AP.

Jason

Oh no. I'm convinced it is an issue with the MR1750 firmware, not the iOS devices. I've recently set mine to manual channels in a narrow range to see whether it's channel related. Haven't had an issue yet. If I do, will further validate it's an OM issue but make it that much more difficult to pinpoint. I have to believe this is a common issue for them in office environments?

pcdoc

Oh no. I'm convinced it is an issue with the MR1750 firmware, not the iOS devices. I've recently set mine to manual channels in a narrow range to see whether it's channel related. Haven't had an issue yet. If I do, will further validate it's an OM issue but make it that much more difficult to pinpoint. I have to believe this is a common issue for them in office environments?

I completely agree that it is in the firmware of the I just filed a trouble ticket with them and hopefully it will be addressed better than the other ticket I filed.  What did you set your channels to?  I had it set to manual but just switched to auto to see what happens.  I have had to re-install my Engenous as my primary as I am getting grief from other users in the house and installed it so I can experiment with it without causing further disruption.

• Like 1

Jason

Thanks for opening a ticket with Open-Mesh. That was my next step in the event my current settings failed again and dropped iOS clients. My MR1750s auto detected 2.4/5.0 ghz channels for AP1 of 6/149 and AP2 of 1/157. I may soon add AP3 on my 2nd floor and AP4 in my garage but first waiting to find out if this issue has been resolved.

pcdoc

Thanks for opening a ticket with Open-Mesh. That was my next step in the event my current settings failed again and dropped iOS clients. My MR1750s auto detected 2.4/5.0 ghz channels for AP1 of 6/149 and AP2 of 1/157. I may soon add AP3 on my 2nd floor and AP4 in my garage but first waiting to find out if this issue has been resolved.

They replied and will be pushing a beta to test. Will post the results.

itGeeks

They replied and will be pushing a beta to test. Will post the results.

Hi am sorry your both having all this trouble with iOS devices, I don't have any of these devices for testing so I would of never known. I am sure you will both get it worked out, To spit the bad experience pcdoc had with his first trouble ticked I have had nothing but good results with support when needed. Open-Mesh is a great company and they very much care about there users and making a good product. Also you could also call them for support 503-616-2764 Option 1, I know it says pre-sale but I have always had good luck talking to them about any problems. Please keep us posted.

pcdoc

They contacted me and have acknowledge there may be an issue.  They uploaded a "beta" firmware to my AP for me to test (Version r586) that is supposed to address some connectivity issues.  I will update in the next few days as to how the new firmware is working out.

Here is the message they had sent me....  I just checked and the AP has been updated.

(CloudTrax)

Sep 20, 2:18 PM

Hi Mike,

Apple devices can be more picky when it comes to WiFi, and not just with our access points. I do have a update for the MR1750 I could push out. It is a test update, and I can't guarantee it'll improve connectivity, but it may be worth trying.

Regards,

Gabriel

itGeeks

They contacted me and have acknowledge there may be an issue.  They uploaded a "beta" firmware to my AP for me to test (Version r586) that is supposed to address some connectivity issues.  I will update in the next few days as to how the new firmware is working out.

Here is the message they had sent me....  I just checked and the AP has been updated.

(CloudTrax)

Sep 20, 2:18 PM

Hi Mike,

Apple devices can be more picky when it comes to WiFi, and not just with our access points. I do have a update for the MR1750 I could push out. It is a test update, and I can't guarantee it'll improve connectivity, but it may be worth trying.

Regards,

Gabriel

Thanks for the update, I hope it works for you. Please keep us posted.

pcdoc

On my second day and so far so good.  After they updated the firmware as a precaution I rebooted the AP.  I also deleted and re-connected the wifi just so everything was fresh.  It has been solid and very fast ~180 Mbps/sec which is a record for my iPhone.  If it stays like this I will be a happy camper.  Will post when I get more information.