RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

itGeeks

Quite a few fixes listed on the release notes.  Mine have not updated yet but should later today.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• pcdoc

• Jason

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The title says it all, I am a big fan of Open-Mesh I have been running one of there MR900 AP for about 1 1/2 to 2 years now and its been rock solid. I have this unit installed on the first floor of my

First let me say congratulations. Thanks for the heads up on the POE, Just goes to show you that everyone needs to check the specs "before" hooking these devices up or else toast. Now I am going to fe

First Congratulations, you can assign the Open- Mesh units a static IP address like any other device on the network, Just enter the MAC address on the DHCP server for the Open-Mesh AP and assign it wh

Mine have updated but ran well on 6.1. Still haven't re-enabled band steering. Have they improved it in 6.1.1?

Still awaiting 6.2 beta.

Mine have updated but ran well on 6.1. Still haven't re-enabled band steering. Have they improved it in 6.1.1?

Still awaiting 6.2 beta.

Just got the update. Going out of town so I will try it when I get home Sunday and post my results. Would be interested if anyone else tries it.

itGeeks

Can anyone post some pics of how they mounted these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any pictures for you but I had mine setup in a corner on a table on one of these on a 45 degree angle and it worked great https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ZYMDHO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1N6867G1O15RY&coliid=IK2JQKDB9RZMK

schoondoggy

I taught you had to mount the

On the ceiling to get best results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most ceiling mount WAP radiate down and out. The spec sheet has the patterns on the last page. The MR1750 seems to broadcast well in all directions. A little less on the top, but not bad. https://www.open-mesh.com/skin/frontend/rwd/default/media/MR-Series-2015-09.pdf

itGeeks

Most ceiling mount WAP radiate down and out. The spec sheet has the patterns on the last page. The MR1750 seems to broadcast well in all directions. A little less on the top, but not bad. https://www.open-mesh.com/skin/frontend/rwd/default/media/MR-Series-2015-09.pdf

schoondoggy you are correct, I had very good coverage even to the back of the MR1750. My kitchen and sunroom where to the back of OM including my backyard/driveway and it covered it well.

b8cafee9817b8ab4c9631f5b58cd263e.jpg

d12340363c9e6478e6e7df35255da4d2.jpg

8049dd7f3869a69c5889e91bfebb7eea.jpg

Nice setup.

Well got home early and tested the band steering.  From what I can see it does not seem to work very well which is probably why it is in beta.  Slows things down quite a bit when I turn on the feature.