RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

Jason

Per OM support today, not looking likely:

The current target is by the end of Summer for an official release. Likely a beta test before then, but no firm date for the beta test.

pcdoc

Thanks for the update. Was hoping for sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poppapete

The process is easy, just create a separate network in Cloudtrax (such as family and private) and add the AP to it. It only joins when you add it to the same network. As for the 6 SSIDs. I use one for cameras and other devices that need to be bridged to the LAN, one for other devices that I do not want to bridge such as streaming devices, and one for guests. This is on the first AP that is on a primary physical network. On the secondary network (for the kids in the house), I have the same setup. As I manage two physical networks, having an AP on each helps me with the isolation, allows me to provide customer filtering, and keeps things overal more secure.

When I read this I realised my Hikvision Cameras are WIFI but I was using them on Ethernet because of the PoE.  So with the mesh I can put them anywhere there is a PP (Just have to have a 12 volt adapter). I have shifted 2  DS-2CD2432F-IW to better locations in the apartment. Just had to enable the wifi on each.  One was looking through a window to the outside and as soon as the infrared came on at night - just white glare.  A bit of googling and turn off the infrared and all OK after a reboot. I am using 500ma adapters I had lying around and they seem OK. What adapters do you use DOC.  

alex1002

I installed mine today. The installation was super easy. I am still learning the interface. My biggest concern so far the unit keeps on rebooting. It rebooted. A few times and dropped the wireless. This is not because of firmware update. Thanks

pcdoc

When I read this I realised my Hikvision Cameras are WIFI but I was using them on Ethernet because of the PoE.  So with the mesh I can put them anywhere there is a PP (Just have to have a 12 volt adapter). I have shifted 2  DS-2CD2432F-IW to better locations in the apartment. Just had to enable the wifi on each.  One was looking through a window to the outside and as soon as the infrared came on at night - just white glare.  A bit of googling and turn off the infrared and all OK after a reboot. I am using 500ma adapters I had lying around and they seem OK. What adapters do you use DOC.  

I have been buying the camera that already come with the adapters and just use those.  Do not remember the output of the power adapter but I will look when I get home.

I installed mine today. The installation was super easy. I am still learning the interface. My biggest concern so far the unit keeps on rebooting. It rebooted. A few times and dropped the wireless. This is not because of firmware update. Thanks

I have seen this before on one unit and in my case it was associated with the PoE adapter/cable.  If you can temporarily run a different patch cord (or bring it close to the switch/injector) and try that.  I found my issues went away when I replaced my cabling.  They seem to be pretty sensitive to clean power.  Have not had an issues since then.  Make sure that band steering is not turned on as that causes the same issue.

• Like 1

itGeeks

For a PoE switch I use this and it works very well with my Hikvision 3 & 4MP cams https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP3E05C/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For a single PoE injector I use these and they also work really well http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/product-category/poe-networking/poe-injectors/

Poppapete

Getting new firmware (set to automatic). One done and one pending.  Seems to be 6.1.1

alex1002

I have been buying the camera that already come with the adapters and just use those. Do not remember the output of the power adapter but I will look when I get home.

I have seen this before on one unit and in my case it was associated with the PoE adapter/cable. If you can temporarily run a different patch cord (or bring it close to the switch/injector) and try that. I found my issues went away when I replaced my cabling. They seem to be pretty sensitive to clean power. Have not had an issues since then. Make sure that band steering is not turned on as that causes the same issue.

I tried to change the power source since mine is powered by their AC adapter. I turned off beaming and hopefully it will work. Didn't really get an moment to test.

Jason

Noticed my 3 MR1750s each updated to the newest 6.1.1 firmware today. So far, I don't notice any new config options or performance improvements. Though I've come to trust OM's judgment on how to best refine their software.

itGeeks

Noticed my 3 MR1750s each updated to the newest 6.1.1 firmware today. So far, I don't notice any new config options or performance improvements. Though I've come to trust OM's judgment on how to best refine their software.

Firmware 6.0/6.1 Change Log

https://help.cloudtrax.com/hc/en-us/articles/206490603-Firmware-6-0-6-1-Change-Log-Stable-latest-Release-