RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

Jason

Great caution. Are you using one of their PoE switches or just the optional power supply that comes with the AP itself? I opted for the power supply but am wondering whether I should just get their 8 port PoE switch for future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itGeeks

Odd. I unknowingly setup a cloudtrax.com account before becoming aware of Cloudtrax 4. Now now matter what I do, I'm unable to reset the password for CT4 and login. Not your problem; to tech support I go :-)

it may just be a matter of getting at least one AP setup on CloudTrax 3 then it may give you the option of migrating to CT4, it did for me at least.

Great caution. Are you using one of their PoE switches or just the optional power supply that comes with the AP itself? I opted for the power supply but am wondering whether I should just get their 8 port PoE switch for future.

I am just using the power supply, No PoE. And just for the record there PoE does not include the switch, Its only an injector you hookup one port on it to your switch and the other port gets hookup to the AP. All PoE devices are not treated = that's y its very importent to look at the voltage for the device before hooking it up, Ubiquiti uses a none standard PoE voltage of 24v Open-Mesh uses a none standard PoE voltage of 18v and my IP cameras uses standard PoE voltage of 48v

Edited by itGEEKS

Dave

Saw all the videos and was so impressed that I order the MR1750 to get things started and will order at least one more for outside.  Thanks for the lead and I will report on my experiences with it.

Sounds like a HSS Podcast topic! Let's book it Mike!

Jason

Love it! I just added a 2nd MR1750 to my order. Same day shipping. Goes out today.

Dave

I certainly will post feedback on Eero if (when?) they finally ship. Am losing my patience which prompted me to order a MR1750. Also, I have to believe the Open-Mesh units are more enterprise grade at the price point.

With a large 2-story home (no basement) and yard, would you suggest placing one unit near the enter of each floor? Or one unit upstairs to cover 1st and 2nd floors? Or one on 1st floor (primary coverage area) and the other outside on patio? Trying to get an early sense of just how much better these pro grade hardware devices really are?

I have an eero order as well.  I patiently await and will sell my Ubiquity 2.4 kit.  

schoondoggy

I certainly will post feedback on Eero if (when?) they finally ship. Am losing my patience which prompted me to order a MR1750. Also, I have to believe the Open-Mesh units are more enterprise grade at the price point.

With a large 2-story home (no basement) and yard, would you suggest placing one unit near the enter of each floor? Or one unit upstairs to cover 1st and 2nd floors? Or one on 1st floor (primary coverage area) and the other outside on patio? Trying to get an early sense of just how much better these pro grade hardware devices really are?

It depends on the broadcast pattern from the WAP and what your house is made of.

I run a EAP600:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4895-wireless-access-point-with-concurrent-dual-radio/

I get great coverage from a single WAP, but my house has seamless steel siding, so there is not much coverage outside.

I have a small WAP that I set up on the patio to give coverage outside when we are entertaining.

itGeeks

Love it! I just added a 2nd MR1750 to my order. Same day shipping. Goes out today.

That's Awesome Jason, Cant wait to get your feedback on the unit.

itGeeks

That's Awesome Jason, Cant wait to get your feedback on the unit.

This is another good tool to test your WiFi coverage:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7274-wi-fi-inspector-from-xirrus/

Thanks for the link Kevin, I will take a look at it.

Jason

I get fair coverage from my current makeshift "mesh" of ASUS AC68U and N66U APs on different channels with same SSIDs, but not the true wireless coverage that I am accustomed to in a corporate office environment that I'm now seeking. Not to mention, it's an excuse to start another much needed fall project!