RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

itGeeks

Yeah, it does take the pain out of it.  You may of already done so but did you compare you speed pre and post the creation of the mesh network?  I have two devices but they are not meshed as I needed 6 SSID's so I am curious about performance.

Doc how did you avoid them automatically creating a mesh network? And WOW you needed 6 SSID's? I am very interested in that, Could you please explain the setup?

itGeeks

Thanks.  Look forward to hearing about it.

Doc looks like we have another satisfied OM user :) I also look forward to hearing about it. Did the 6.2 beta hit yet? Mine is still packed away in a box so I am not up on whats going on with OM

Edited by itGeeks

Poppapete

Thanks.  Look forward to hearing about it.

My Surface Pro 3 connects on 5MHz band where ever I move in my apartment and readings range from  -33 to -43 dBm which is fine by me.

Jason

Come to think of it, I put no thought into placing my MR1750 units. All are lying horizontal/flat. One is in a central entertainment center, another on a shelf in a hall closet on my second floor and third is in a garage at fat end of house. Coverage and handoff are perfect. All are connected via Ethernet (aka Ethernet backhaul) Not using wireless mesh.

pcdoc

Doc looks like we have another satisfied OM user :) I also look forward to hearing about it. Did the 6.2 beta hit yet? Mine is still packed away in a box so I am not up on whats going on with OM

No word on the 6.2 beta yet.  Kind of expected by now.

pcdoc

Doc how did you avoid them automatically creating a mesh network? And WOW you needed 6 SSID's? I am very interested in that, Could you please explain the setup?

The process is easy, just create a separate network in Cloudtrax (such as family and private) and add the AP to it. It only joins when you add it to the same network. As for the 6 SSIDs. I use one for cameras and other devices that need to be bridged to the LAN, one for other devices that I do not want to bridge such as streaming devices, and one for guests. This is on the first AP that is on a primary physical network. On the secondary network (for the kids in the house), I have the same setup. As I manage two physical networks, having an AP on each helps me with the isolation, allows me to provide customer filtering, and keeps things overal more secure.

itGeeks

My Surface Pro 3 connects on 5MHz band where ever I move in my apartment and readings range from  -33 to -43 dBm which is fine by me.

Nice! Thanks for the update. Keep an eye out for the 6.2 beta, It promises to unlock the speed for ac devices among other things. 

No word on the 6.2 beta yet.  Kind of expected by now.

Hmm ya I thought the beta was suppose to be out already also, Maybe there having trouble with it and need to iron out some bugs that are taking longer then expected. As we know OM roles out stable betas and I am sure this on will be no different. Please keep us posted if you find anything out.

itGeeks

Come to think of it, I put no thought into placing my MR1750 units. All are lying horizontal/flat. One is in a central entertainment center, another on a shelf in a hall closet on my second floor and third is in a garage at fat end of house. Coverage and handoff are perfect. All are connected via Ethernet (aka Ethernet backhaul) Not using wireless mesh.

isn't it funny how some things seem to workout better when we wing it :)

Jason

No word on the 6.2 beta yet. Kind of expected by now.

Have been in contact with OM Support over past couple weeks asking about status of 6.2 beta. On 7/13/16 via Twitter they said "should be soon!" Whatever that means.

pcdoc

Have been in contact with OM Support over past couple weeks asking about status of 6.2 beta. On 7/13/16 via Twitter they said "should be soon!" Whatever that means.

Maybe this is the week...