RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

itGeeks

Tech support emailed me and asked me to make sure I'm on 5ghz. My MacBook is connecting the same way as the iPhone. Now it's down for some reason after I activated the band steering. Also been running the latest firmware 6.1 stable from day 1?!?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• pcdoc

• Jason

• Poppapete

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The title says it all, I am a big fan of Open-Mesh I have been running one of there MR900 AP for about 1 1/2 to 2 years now and its been rock solid. I have this unit installed on the first floor of my

First let me say congratulations. Thanks for the heads up on the POE, Just goes to show you that everyone needs to check the specs "before" hooking these devices up or else toast. Now I am going to fe

First Congratulations, you can assign the Open- Mesh units a static IP address like any other device on the network, Just enter the MAC address on the DHCP server for the Open-Mesh AP and assign it wh

Tech support emailed me and asked me to make sure I'm on 5ghz. My MacBook is connecting the same way as the iPhone. Now it's down for some reason after I activated the band steering. Also been running the latest firmware 6.1 stable from day 1?!?

Band steering is a beta feature and is a bit tricky.  First make sure that no devices are connected to the AP.  enable it, reboot and power down.  Hopefully it will work after you power it back up.  Start with the IOS devices first than once you have those running you can add other devices.  This is a beta feature and the release version is due next month which should make it much more robust.  If it gets jammed the reset works great and the cloud controller will re-flash your device after a factory reset so you do not have start over.

Trying to flash it now but I have no clue the first link had old firmware and it would t process now after 5 minutes it says no image for redboot (using a mac).

I'm determined to make these work and I'm greatful for folks like yourself that help. I'm also happy to gain troubleshooting experience now that I'll have hotels running them.

Trying to flash it now but I have no clue the first link had old firmware and it would t process now after 5 minutes it says no image for redboot (using a mac).

I'm determined to make these work and I'm greatful for folks like yourself that help. I'm also happy to gain troubleshooting experience now that I'll have hotels running them.

Not sure what you did, but it press the manual reset button with a paper clip for 10 secs it will reset.  Log back into cloud tracks and it should tell you the unit has bee reset and to click the link to restore the configuration.

Thanks! I've came here and tried this. The link is for an older firmware through digging I found newer ones but it gets stuff at finding a redboot file? Waiting to hear from support or knowledgeable people.

Thanks! I've came here and tried this. The link is for an older firmware through digging I found newer ones but it gets stuff at finding a redboot file? Waiting to hear from support or knowledgeable people.

I have no clue what you did here... Hopefully you did not bricked your device... To update your firmware to beta all you had to do is go to your control panel at cloudtrax and enable beta. Than move your maintenance mode schedule to the next few minutes.

Manual flash should only be done to regress your firmware.

It was displaying a red light. And not connecting anywhere for hours. And the page said there is no reset except to flash the firmware.

It was displaying a red light. And not connecting anywhere for hours. And the page said there is no reset except to flash the firmware.

I beg to differ.  It does indeed have one as I have used it at least three times.  It is a small hole (like a DVD player) opposite the lights. Just put a paper clip and hold for 10 seconds.