RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

xcom

First wanted to say that awesome forum you guys have here.

A bit about my self... I am a Unix/Linux Systems Admin/Eng/Arc/Sup (Yea I wear lots of hats... lol)

I been researching open-mesh and ended up here. I just order two MR1750 and I had an EAP3660 that I flash with their r481 firmware branch (Cant go wrong with this one:) )

I hope to bring some good feed back and knowledge to this forum.

My plan is to learn as much as I can about open-mesh and cloudtrax to see if its a good fit for the company I work for...

We are in the mist of upgrading our Wireless infrastructure (Aruba) and with the oil industry doing what is doing is affecting our business hence why we are looking for a more "cost effective" solution with no sacrifice on quality and or stability.... How is that old saying goes??? I want cheap but the best?!? LOL.

I am not too happy about this iOS issue/open-mesh bug, But is not the first time I seen this... Cisco a few years back had a problem with Mac WiFi (Broadcom chipset)...

Cya!

xcom

Well so far I am happy with my setup.

The setup was painless and quick.

A bit limited when it comes to comparing it to the aruba but i am overall happy.

I also got 3 for my home and so far I am testing just one and I been very happy.

itGeeks

Well so far I am happy with my setup.

The setup was painless and quick.

A bit limited when it comes to comparing it to the aruba but i am overall happy.

I also got 3 for my home and so far I am testing just one and I been very happy.

Welcome to the forum! I think you will be very happy with the Open-Mesh products, The only trouble there seems to be is with iOS devices at the moment but that is being worked out as we speak. My MR1750 has been rock solid with all my devices but I don't have any iOS devices only Android/Windows.

xcom

itGeeks,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

At home no iOS at all, so all good there :D

Wife is happy and so are the kids... The dogs don't care... Life e is good.

I been putting it through some serious test here at work and it has not blinked for a minute.

Is to early to say but looks like we might go this route company wide.

We are going to order 7 more for testing and see.

Will report back!

• Like 1

pcdoc

Just a quick update.  Be on the look out for a public beta of their new version 6.x software in the next week or so (see below what I received from them).  I am getting a early version of the public beta and will keep you guys posted.  I was getting the lock out issue every 4-5 days regardless of my channel settings.  One time it went almost 2 weeks but it always came back.  I am really optimistic that have a addressed this time. 

Mike,

Sorry for the delay here. This issue you're seeing is something we've fixed in a newer wireless driver, something that's only available for our new 6.x firmware (soon to be released as public beta in the next week or so). I'd like to upgrade your "XXXXXX" network ahead of this release to ensure that we've fixed it. And if not, we'll escalate to our engineers to further pinpoint the root cause. Let me know if it's okay to proceed.

• Like 1

xcom

Just a quick update.  Be on the look out for a public beta of their new version 6.x software in the next week or so (see below what I received from them).  I am getting a early version of the public beta and will keep you guys posted.  I was getting the lock out issue every 4-5 days regardless of my channel settings.  One time it went almost 2 weeks but it always came back.  I am really optimistic that have a addressed this time. 

Mike,

Sorry for the delay here. This issue you're seeing is something we've fixed in a newer wireless driver, something that's only available for our new 6.x firmware (soon to be released as public beta in the next week or so). I'd like to upgrade your "XXXXXX" network ahead of this release to ensure that we've fixed it. And if not, we'll escalate to our engineers to further pinpoint the root cause. Let me know if it's okay to proceed.

Looking forward to your report pcdoc.

Thanks for that update!

Edited by xcom

itGeeks

Mike,

Sounds promising Mike :) Thanks for the update, Please keep us posted.

pcdoc

It has been awhile and I thought I would update everyone.  The guys at open mesh updated my unit with Version 6.x and I am happy to report that it seems to have addressed all the IOS issues.  The unit has been rock solid since the upgrade and I could not be happier.  For the record, these guys are awesome when it comes to support.

• Like 1

xcom

It has been awhile and I thought I would update everyone.  The guys at open mesh updated my unit with Version 6.x and I am happy to report that it seems to have addressed all the IOS issues.  The unit has been rock solid since the upgrade and I could not be happier.  For the record, these guys are awesome when it comes to support.

Just curious, Does it provide new features?

itGeeks

Mike thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you for several weeks and I was going to send you a PM to ask how it was going. I am glad its all sorted out & yes the support at Open-Mesh is top notch. This is a company that cares about there customers. That is y I recommended them in the first place, I am very much like you when it comes to my tech, Performance & support has to be top notch or it all goes back.

Just curious, Does it provide new features?

Yes it does, Have a look at this link- http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10220-open-mesh-is-at-it-again-they-have-updated-cloudtrax-with-some-nice-new-features/