RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Open-Mesh Has Released the New MR1750 Dual Band 802.11ac Access Point

itGeeks

The version they uploaded is the same they sent me as the beta they had me test a couple of weeks ago. In the last 15+ plus days, I have had only one issue which seemed to only happen to one device so I am not sure it is the AP's fault.  For the most part I am very happy with it.  I have put it back as my primary unit now and have attached my new Chromecasts to it.  I have also upgraded my laptop wifi to fully exploit the AC standard.  Very pleased with the performance and range.  I bought this so I could expand easily but as it turns out, I may not have to.  I am sure that this product will only get better so I am a believer.

Mike I am really glad its working well for you at this point and yes it will get better over time, I have seen it with my MR900. Open-Mesh is a very active company always updating there firmware with bug fixes and in enhancements. This is a company that listens to there users, You want something just ask. This product is knight & Day from the crappy "UniFi AC Access Points"

As for the rang of the Open-Mesh AP's yes its very good on my MR900, one unit covers my whole house 3 floors and a good distance outside so I was hopping the rang on the 1750 was going to be at least as good. Mine will be here today and I am very exited to test it.

Edited by itGeeks

itGeeks

Do not recall but I believe they stay the same.  When I got the update I had done allot of experimenting so I am not sure if the firmware reset or if I had tried something.  My understanding from them is the default is 5/44 not auto.

The default channels of 5/44 are my understanding as well but I dont understand y they choose a overlapping channel of 5? and not one of the three none overlapping channels of 1/6/11, Kind of odd to me. My neighbors would not like me if I did not stay in the 1/6/11 space nor would I like them for not doing the same.

Jason

I set mine to auto last night and noticed AP1 picked 6/149 and AP2 picked 1/157. Do not appear to be overlapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itGeeks

Were no issues for 20+ days. Then noticed my APs recently self-updated to fw-ng-r586 the latest firmware. Not sure that it adds any specific Apple compatibility fixes. Here are release notes:

https://help.cloudtrax.com/hc/en-us/articles/205359700-Firmware-586-Current-Forward-Release-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked an I am also running fw-ng-r586 on my MR900 AP, Don't know when this update happened but its rock solid so far.

Vrod1234

This is my first post on this website so please bear with me is I do something wrong.

I have been following the exchange between Jason and itGeeks regarding the loss of wifi signal on the MR 1750. This has been happening to me ever since I upgraded from the MR 900's to the 1750's.

It happens every 3 to 5 days and normally only effects my IOS devices but sometimes also OSX on my new MacBook Pro. It seems as though streaming Netflix on Apple TV is never down. I have tries manual

channels and everything else you all have mentioned. 

I love the concept of Open Mesh and the Cloudtrax4 website but, this is very annoying.

Anyway, I just thought I would throw mw experience into the mix.

pcdoc

I would be interested if you start having issues after setting to auto.

This is my first post on this website so please bear with me is I do something wrong.

I have been following the exchange between Jason and itGeeks regarding the loss of wifi signal on the MR 1750. This has been happening to me ever since I upgraded from the MR 900's to the 1750's.

It happens every 3 to 5 days and normally only effects my IOS devices but sometimes also OSX on my new MacBook Pro. It seems as though streaming Netflix on Apple TV is never down. I have tries manual

I love the concept of Open Mesh and the Cloudtrax4 website but, this is very annoying.

It seems to be a nagging issue that has improved with the new firmware but I would encourage everyone to file a trouble ticket with them so they better understand how wide spread the issue is (as they are apparently not Apple fan boys) and may not know the extent the issue.

pcdoc

A quick update.  I pointed the Open-Mesh tech support to this forum post and I just received an email from them stating they are readying another firmware update to address this occasional IOS issue.  I volunteered to test it and they will let me know when it is available.  I must say that I am impressed with their support and follow up and will let everyone know when I receive it and have it tested.  Since the problem now takes a long time to replicate, it may be awhile before I can post some news.  A special thanks to the team at Open-Mesh for taking the lead on fixing this.

Vrod1234

I have also been working closely with the Open Mesh support team on trying to find a resolution. I have informed them I would be happy to try anything they throw at me as I think the concept of Open Mesh is so much better than the cascaded Linksys routers I used to use.

The latest suggestion from Open Mesh was while they are trying to find a solution I should power cycle the access point once a day. Actually I have been sending a reboot signal to the unit through the Cloudtrax4 website when the situation occurs.

Vrod1234

I would be interested if you start having issues after setting to auto.

It seems to be a nagging issue that has improved with the new firmware but I would encourage everyone to file a trouble ticket with them so they better understand how wide spread the issue is (as they are apparently not Apple fan boys) and may not know the extent the issue.

No, I started having the loss of wifi signal problems a few days after installing the MR 1750's. At the time the setting was on auto. I then tried setting the channels manually and found that was no better or worse than auto. So, as we speak, I am on auto. 

itGeeks

Thanks for posting & Welcome to the forums :)