RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

VM of Mediacenter(win7)- anyone with cable card?

DocACE911

Would love to get rid of dedicated core2 box running MCE/7 for my cable card.

As I understand it, vm will never see PCI card like the ceton tuner correctly. So anyone try this with a network device like hdHomerun?

And before I spend 1000 hours, using the VM built into server is better than oracle virtualbox for virtualization?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to get rid of dedicated core2 box running MCE/7 for my cable card.

As I understand it, vm will never see PCI card like the ceton tuner correctly. So anyone try this with a network device like hdHomerun?

And before I spend 1000 hours, using the VM built into server is better than oracle virtualbox for virtualization?

Not much hope with Hyper-V however you might want to ask the question to those who are ESXI experts.  I have used ESXI in the past and successfully assigned various peripherals so it would interesting if you could do it with a cable card.  

I have a Hyper-VM that uses a HD Homerun.  Really nothing to it.

Yeah, but that takes the challenge out it.  You need to try a VM with a PCI card...

network tuner should be no big deal, the question is whether you will be able to see the material in hd because of drm e.g. HDCP.

Missing remote has instructions for 2011 whs to get this to work with hyoerV. Will try that !!

Yeah, but that takes the challenge out it.  You need to try a VM with a PCI card...

Yea, I've got better things to do rather than trying to beat my head against the wall.  You might get it working but can you keep it working?

Good to see you back among the living.