RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

HP Stream mini SATA Cable

Dave

I picked up a Stream mini desktop from woot.com for $150 and have been having trouble finding the SATA cable in order to add a 2.5" HDD or SSD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ribbon-Cable-Prius-SATA-L-65mm-PR2-794966-001-for-HP-Stream-Pavilion-Mini-/151793930685?hash=item23579f91bd

This cable on ebay is 1/3rd the cost of my mini!  Has anyone found a source for these cables?

GotNoTime

I picked up a Stream mini desktop from woot.com for $150 and have been having trouble finding the SATA cable in order to add a 2.5" HDD or SSD.

yodafett found a HP cable that could be easily modified to fit his Dell. I wonder if it'll fit your HP Mini?

schoondoggy

yodafett found a HP cable that could be easily modified to fit his Dell. I wonder if it'll fit your HP Mini?

The picture of the cable looks just like the one yodafett used. It also looks like the one I used from the link above.

This is a ebay search of the same part yodafett referenced:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS5&_nkw=6017B0421501&_sacat=0

How does $15 work?

Dave

Done! Ordered!

That certainly looks like the one I need.  I'll keep you guys informed!

yodafett

I have a spare Dave, I had to trim the side nubs but otherwise works great a bit long though

yodafett

One thing I ran into Dave is the copper leads will detatch as you insert it, I was able to straighten them out and on the cable appears to be working ok but FYI

jsox

IF that cable works do let us know, I'll probably be in for one...

Dave

Mine arrived but have not had time to install.