RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
dvn

Digital Photo Frames

dvn

I need recommendations for a decent digital photo frame. It's going to be a gift for my sister who is a photographer. I'd like something in the 9" - 10" range so it looks nice on a shelf. Anyone have one that they recommend? Networking would be nice, but the main thing is that it's easy to use and looks good. Thanks for your input. :)

geek-accountant

Check these out. I have the guys on another podcast I listen to (TWIP) mention them several times. I might get my mother-in-law for Christmas/

http://www.estarling.com/products.sf

Mike

dvn

That looks like a strong contender. I really want something nice for her. :)

bsieve

if you end up getting on report back if you can I am in the market for one of these also for the inlaws

pcdoc

That one looks really nice. I have a 10" viewsonic on my desk at work and I really like it and the price was less than $100.

cskenney

I have 1 that sits on a dresser in our bedroom that is never turned on. You have to load the photos on a card to transfer them from a camera or PC. So, it doesn't happen. The newer frames with wireless connectivity are definitely the way to go. You can update the frame at any time while sitting at your computer or even using your smartphone.

geek-accountant

Just read my message above, WOW. I know my grammar is not my strong point, thankfully as an accountant I am ok with numbers, but that was pretty weak. Sorry. I think the long hours trying to wrap up our year-end audit are starting to get to me. I need a vacation! :)

cskenney

... I might get my mother-in-law for Christmas.

Just read my message above, WOW. I know my grammar is not my strong point, thankfully as an accountant I am ok with numbers, but that was pretty weak. Sorry. I think the long hours trying to wrap up our year-end audit are starting to get to me. I need a vacation! :)

Well that explains the mother-in-law comment...

Was still a good recommendation on the photo frame.

dvn

That one looks really nice. I have a 10" viewsonic on my desk at work and I really like it and the price was less than $100.

What's the model?

geek-accountant

Yea, I still think it is an interesting frame. The guys on the photography podcast TWIP seem to like it a lot. I don't have one myself, but plan to get one for the mother-in-law for Christmas. However, that means I will also need to set up a wireless network in her house first since the main reason I want this for her is that family can just e-mail photos to the frame. She has one now that requires her to get the image from an e-mail on her computer, write it to a USB drive and then put that drive into the frame to load the images. Guess what, that has never happened and she will never figure out how to do that. Heck, you should see me trying to teach her how to "double-click" on an icon. Her version of it is 6-7 left clicks with a few right clicks thrown in plus a little dragging of the mouse. I get calls all the time from her telling me the computer lost her card game icon. I now have her setup with Windows 7 and only 3 icons (internet, mail and her card game) all in the taskbar requiring ONE click.

All that said, being able to e-mail images to the frame seems like an incredible idea and perfect for someone like her. New images will appear on the frame and do not require her to do anything.

Mike