RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

noob

iruindegi

Hi,

I just received my microserver, I´m new in this world so I need help and I´m going to ask everything I want to know... I hope you can help...

- It´s worth to register on Hp procisioning? it is necesary?

- What´s best, install Esxi to sd card or to a usb pendrive?

When the time to add disks arrives, do I need to add them first to the array, or it´s not necesary if I´m not building a raid?

thanks.... I´ll come with more questions for sure...

Use whatever you have handy; some are having issues with sd cards, but for others all is good. If you want the fan to stay in 6%-9% range, use the hp controller raid 0 for each disk.

oks! so I´ll add each disk (different sizes 1Tb + 500Gb) to the array controller creating an array with each disk. I want to buy some disk to make a raid in the future...

I hame my drive installed (seagate 1Tb from my old computer) and I can hear a buzz while is switched on, that´s annoying...

Witch disk are best price/quality/noise ?

thank you so much!

I have no idea, all my disks are crap, salvaged from external drives (2 of them) and one old 2 Tb wd. I didn't have the money to buy new disks for the gen8, so I used what I already had :)

Maybe someone else can help with disks advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Use whatever you have handy; some are having issues with sd cards, but for others all is good. If you want the fan to stay in 6%-9% range, use the hp controller raid 0 for each disk.

Sorry to jump in here, But why would using RAID0 on each disk keep the fan in that range. Im asking because my server does exactly that.

I was told to use the HP controller for low fan speed; I don't need to use raid, and I didn't know how else to use that controller without loosing storage capacity, so I used raid 0. If there is a better way to achieve the same results please share/ explain :)

I think the fan needs a reading from that controller, if not used it assumes the worst and compensates with higher speed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk