RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cannot register new HP Microserver Gen8 with HP

Ciggybumly

Hi All

Brand new user of a HP Microserver Gen8 here.

Still getting my head around all the possibilities of this server, but really only using as a media sever (previous owner of N40l).

Im having a lot of trouble with the HP webpage, Ive created an account, I input my serial number for the server but I cannot link it to my profile, either through the product info warranty check page, or through the link warranties page.  This means I'm unable to gain access to the locked firmware/bios updates etc.

Also, when I check the warranty of the server, its listed from Nov 2014 to Dec 2015, however I purchased the system 9th Aug 2015 online (brand new from e-tailor)

Any advice?

Ive logged a case number with HP, however they only operate Mon-Fri in the UK

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

I had this issue as well. I needed to use the online chat with support in order to get a resolution. Turns out that I needed to select Spain as the country as I ordered from Amazon and it must have come from there (I'm also in the UK)

Hope this helps.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Thanks for the reply, ive tried online chat, but they said they are for technical support and cannot help with warranty!!

I will have a go at some European countries, but I image I still need to contact the care package team as I need the warranty dates updating.

Do you know anyway of determining the country of origin?