RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP Stream 7

GotNoTime

I've only done an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 but found an issue with the accelerometer driver. It took some trial and error but I worked out the correct settings to make it work properly.

From what I've heard, you need to have a USB hub + keyboard + mouse attached if you want to do a completely clean installation as the touchscreen driver needs to be installed first.

Kionix Accelerometer

The accelerometer doesn't work properly in Windows 10 after the upgrade because two of the virtual devices don't get added correctly. You'll only see a Kionix KCXJ9 Accelerometer driver in Sensor I/O devices but not the also required Kionix Sensor Fusion Device and Sdo Sensor V2 in Sensors. The fix is to download the Windows 8.1 "Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver" package from the HP support site. Installing that and restarting will make the accelerometer work. Kionix themselves don't offer driver downloads.

One complication is that if you actually update the two Kionix devices by finding the devices in Device Manager or if Windows updates them by itself then you'll find that the orientation sensor is flipped. The screen will be 180 degrees off from what it should be. The fix for this is to alter the Kionix device settings in the registry. Kionix at some point appears to have changed the defaults for their driver.

You can either save the following snippets into a .reg file and load it automatically or do it manually by navigating to the correct key. Use the orientation lock in Windows to stop it rotating.

Old orientation setting - Correct for old driver. Flipped for new driver.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\SENSOR\0000\Device Parameters\kxfusion]
"Orientation"=hex:01,00,01,00,00,00,02

New orientation setting - Flipped for old driver. Correct for new driver.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\SENSOR\0000\Device Parameters\kxfusion]
"Orientation"=hex:01,01,01,01,00,00,02
Goodix Touchscreen

Just update the driver in Device Manager once you've finished upgrading.

Realtek WiFi

Intel HD Graphics

Edited by GotNoTime
  • Like 2