RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
muscleflex

Where to download drivers from?

muscleflex

OK, I have just started to configure my Gen 8 properly (I've had it for almost 2 months now and never really touched it as I found it confusing - not like my N40L)

Anyway, I have installed Windows 7 (I've decided to run win 7 instead of win 8.1 or win 10) as I'll be using this mainly as a media center (and hopefully win 7 will be the quickest out of all the os option)

I have two missing drivers:

USB 3 and Base System.

I have followed Joe Miner's tutorial but his links to the drivers point to HP which is now invalid?

Can anyone tell me where to get the drivers from please?

Thanks

GotNoTime

I don't think you can at the moment. HP are in the progress of splitting their support site into HP.com and HPE.com and a lot of stuff is broken right now. The Microserver downloads seem to have gone into limbo as neither the consumer HP.com or the enterprise HPE.com recognise it.

You might be able to find somebody with a copy or possibly extract them from the SPP ISO image.

Edited by GotNoTime
  • Like 1

muscleflex

Ahh I see. Thank you for this.

OctavianH

Windows Server 2012 R2 works fine and has drivers available. It depends on what you need.

GotNoTime

If I'm just installing windows 7, which OS should I choose? Will Server 2012 r2 ok?

If you really want to be precise then Windows Server 2008 R2 since that has exactly the same kernel as Windows 7. As OctavianH mentions however, the Windows Server 2012 R2 drivers work and I expect they're identical anyway.
  • Like 1

muscleflex

Thank you... I'm embarrassed to say I'm stuggling configuring this server. My old N40L was straight forward but I'm afraid my server knowledge is not that great so having a hard time with this one! :(

muscleflex

Windows Server 2012 R2 works fine and has drivers available. It depends on what you need.

Thanks. I've brought the server with me to work so I have more time to set it up rather than at home.

I just basically want to get the SSD working along with the 4 hard drives set up as ahci so I can still run drivepool.

I'm only going to run windows 7 or windows 10 on this server and will act as a plex server.

muscleflex

OK Managed to get my server going! I couldn't still get the micro sd working but decided to just use the USB next to it and I found a small USB stick to use.

Thanks for the help!