RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How to find out what rated wattage PSU version you have?

paradox

If you look here: http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03787037 on the bottom of page 88 and then 89 it says there's a 150w and 200w version depending where you bought it from, I am in the UK and got mine from Amazon.co.uk, I *think* I read somewhere on here that the EU/UK version has the 200w PSU but I can't find anywhere on the PSU sticker that says how much wattage it has, and under Power on the iLO it just says "Capacity: N/A Watts" so that's useless. Is there any way I can find out? I have a (cheap) multimeter but that's about it as far as electronic diagnostic tools go and I doubt that would help, probably end up electrocuting myself with that, so anyway - any way to figure it out? serial number or anything like that?

Thanks,

para

I can't seem to find it on there - what does your S/N for the G8 look like (first few letters?) I've tried about 4 different lengths of characters I can find.

image.jpg

I can't find the picture anymore but I distinctly remember taking one before attaching the mounting bracket so I wouldn't have to detach it later just to look at the sticker - and I remember examining it and it didn't say the output at all, which makes me think it's probably 150w since I would remember seeing that easily. Where about did you buy yours? (country?)

I can't find the picture anymore but I distinctly remember taking one before attaching the mounting bracket so I wouldn't have to detach it later just to look at the sticker - and I remember examining it and it didn't say the output at all, which makes me think it's probably 150w since I would remember seeing that easily. Where about did you buy yours? (country?)

You can't miss the label. It is the side that faces out when the PSU is still mounted.

AMS (America), APJ (Asia Pacific) and PRC (China) have the 150W PSU. EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) has the 200W PSU.

under Power on the iLO it just says "Capacity: N/A Watts" so that's useless

That is because the PSU is a basic model and not smart like the high end Proliants. They're able to interrogate the status of the PSU and will complain if it isn't powerful enough to handle the configuration in that machine.

Is there any way I can find out? I have a (cheap) multimeter but that's about it as far as electronic diagnostic tools go

You can't work it out easily by testing. You'd need to load the PSU all the way to 200W and see what happened. You need to look at the PSU label.

I can't seem to find it on there - what does your S/N for the G8 look like (first few letters?) I've tried about 4 different lengths of characters I can find.

You need to use http://partsurfer.hpe.com/ for servers.

You can get your serial number from the iLO - it's on the Overview page.

Using the above page and my serial number it says I have a 200W PSU (I'm in the UK)

Cheers!

Edited by psykix
  • Like 1

You can't miss the label. It is the side that faces out when the PSU is still mounted.

Yes, like I just said I took a photograph of it with my phone before I mounted the drive bracket to it, so I could check it later without having to remove it - and mine definitely did not say the wattage, because I remember wondering why it didn't then. I might remove the bracket later and take another to prove it but for now you'll just have to take my word for it. maybe it was a newer or different model.

You need to use http://partsurfer.hpe.com/ for servers.

You can get your serial number from the iLO - it's on the Overview page.

Using the above page and my serial number it says I have a 200W PSU (I'm in the UK)

Cheers!

Thanks, according to that:

zB5aCMH.png

Rest of info included for ref if anyone finds the thread later on.

So, 200w, great :) don't have to worry about power when adding an external bay for more storage.

Edited by paradox