RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Gen8 USB3 at USB2 Speed Windows 8.1

jd9degree

My Microserver Is running great apart from the USB3 ports. I let Windows install the USB3 Renesas driver and it says it is working but I can only get 30mb/s from external USB3 drive using Diskmark.

I used Windows Server 2012 R2 drivers to setup windows 8 but I am assuming Windows 8.1 installed the USB3 driver.

Could someone please suggest a driver that might help. Or could it be another problem.

Thanks for the reply. It is mega bits per second. The external drives are Seagate Backup Plus and on the other usb3 port I have a WD Elements. When I run crystal Disk Mark on internal drives the SSD reads over 200mb/s and the raid 1 drives about 120mb/s.

I have tried to install

1. CP019656 USB Host Controller Identifier for Windows server 2008 and

2. CP019317 Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Drivers for Windows Server 2008

But both will not install as they are seen to be incompatible.

When I search the Windows Server 2012 R2 drivers in HP support I cannot see or find a USB driver at all. Could it be hidden in one of the driver packages ?

The current driver in place is Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (microsoft)

Driver Date 9/04/2015

Driver Version 6.3.9600.17797

When I run Update Driver Software it tells me I already have the best driver installed.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please ignore. I had the drives in the wrong ports. How embarrassing. I should turn the light on next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you figured it out.

The SSD I assume is on the ODD SATA port? The 200 number would be Mega Bytes per second. 120 MB/s on the RAID1 set sounds about right.

Crystal reports numbers in MB(capitalized) or Mega Bytes, mb is mega bits(lower case). 

Sorry to be nit-picky on bits or Bytes, it just makes it easier to trouble shoot.