RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Thoughts on Running Security Camera Software on a Server? Small Business Server install?

fredload

Thanks for all the info. I am running a Intel Core I-5 2500 with 16GB of RAM. I think I will just continue to run the blue Iris software on the other PC and not muddy things up with additional programs on the server. I appreciate the help and info especially the blue iris specific info. I am still new to Blue Iris and just getting started on how to really get the most out of the software. 

Mine is running on an i3-4130 3.4MHz so an i-5 should be heaps. I tried Milestone and it is very good but not easy to learn or setup and not cheap if you want to keep your recordings for more than 5 days.

Mine is running on an i3-4130 3.4MHz so an i-5 should be heaps. I tried Milestone and it is very good but not easy to learn or setup and not cheap if you want to keep your recordings for more than 5 days.

Mines a Core i3-4130T :)  Lower powered than yours, and more energy efficient.

I've tried iSpyConnect (I think it was called), and a few other software solutions. I've found that I like BlueIris the best for me, at least. 

Mines a Core i3-4130T :)  Lower powered than yours, and more energy efficient.

I've tried iSpyConnect (I think it was called), and a few other software solutions. I've found that I like BlueIris the best for me, at least. 

I too tried Ispy which is free but settled on BI with a one off payment and am very happy. I think we had to pay a small amount for the latest version but well worth the money