RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

What printers are you guys using?

Dave

Loaded question for sure. My second Canon printer has crapped out and I'm having a hard time rewarding Canon with another purchase. I was thinking about going with a color laser all in one this time. Only issue is we do like to print photos from time to time.

I'm also looking at an HP all in one. Epson, Brother, Samsung, they all seem to have decent models.

How are you guys doing printing? Seems like a dumb question but could spark a decent conversation.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk

Al_Borges

I use a small Brother B/W Laser -  model 2204 .    The sucker never jams and I get prints for less than 3 cents a page.   -   over 2000 pages per cartridge.

Works well across my network and with Google Print all my mobile devices

I had a color laser at work and it tended to be very finicky  - especially with regards to paper quality

Color is also expensive -   running 10 to 20 cents per copy.  

For the occasional color print I log on to Walgreens and pick them up at locally -   maybe  25 cents per print.  

jmwills

HP1012 Laser that is quickly approaching 15 years old.

itGeeks

Loaded question for sure. My second Canon printer has crapped out and I'm having a hard time rewarding Canon with another purchase. I was thinking about going with a color laser all in one this time. Only issue is we do like to print photos from time to time.

I'm also looking at an HP all in one. Epson, Brother, Samsung, they all seem to have decent models.

How are you guys doing printing? Seems like a dumb question but could spark a decent conversation.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk

Sorry to here your Canon went south. I use the "Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer with Scanner and Copier" I do like it a lot, It has crisp printing and is fast though I bit noisy.

http://epson workforce wf-3640

I did have a laser jet brother before but I would never buy another one because every 3 toner replacements you had to change the drum unit and that bloody drum unit was almost as much as the printer.

Good Luck

oj88

I have a Canon Pixma MP258 multifunction printer that's at least four years old. It hasn't messed up once, not counting the paper jam error I got when my then 1-year old daughter dropped Lego blocks in the paper feed chute. The only downside is the ridiculously expensive ink cartridges. For that, I bought an HP LaserJet P1102w so we can print b&w pages cheaply (my wife prints a lot of practice test papers for the kids). The P1102w is also wireless and even allows iOS and Android devices to print directly to it. Very helpful when printing emails, PDF, or airline boarding passes in a pinch.

I've had two Epson inkjets before and I totally resent them. They were fine, when they worked. The problem I've had with them is that the printheads can get hopelessly clogged if you don't use it for more than a few days, prompting you to waste precious ink to run the cleaning cycle.

jsox

HP LaserJet 4 Plus. 20 years old? Not sure, I got it used. With "duplex printing" option. Built like a tank.

awraynor

Last HP Printer I had was a POS. Bought a cheap Canon off of Woot and it's been doing pretty well, but we don't print a lot either. 

yodafett

Have had a Dell 2130cn color laser for 5ish years works great. Dell relabel Lexmark who I prefer as leader smart certifies vinyl label printing. They do offer a decent color all in one but the unit is tall.

schoondoggy

I run older HP CP2025DN full duplex color laser and a CM2320 Multifunction.

https://theaverageguy.tv/2014/05/04/buying-a-color-laser-printer-on-craigslist-some-tips-for-the-bargain-seeker/

They both use the same toner and MonoPrice has it for cheap:

http://www.monoprice.com/Search/Index?keyword=toner+cp2025

The same basic printer is still being sold by HP.

I am looking for a really good, small photo printer.

itGeeks

I have a Canon Pixma MP258 multifunction printer that's at least four years old. It hasn't messed up once, not counting the paper jam error I got when my then 1-year old daughter dropped Lego blocks in the paper feed chute. The only downside is the ridiculously expensive ink cartridges. For that, I bought an HP LaserJet P1102w so we can print b&w pages cheaply (my wife prints a lot of practice test papers for the kids). The P1102w is also wireless and even allows iOS and Android devices to print directly to it. Very helpful when printing emails, PDF, or airline boarding passes in a pinch.

I've had two Epson inkjets before and I totally resent them. They were fine, when they worked. The problem I've had with them is that the printheads can get hopelessly clogged if you don't use it for more than a few days, prompting you to waste precious ink to run the cleaning cycle.

I have to agree with you about the clogged print-heads on my last Epson printer that was a WorkForce-840 and was the reason I had to replace it, After doing some googling about clogged print-heads it became clear to me that this was NOT only an Epson problem but rather a problem in general with inkjet printers if not used regularly so I ventured out to purchase a new printer and found out that Epson had a brand new redesigned modal that had a new printer head design and that is the WorkForce WF-3640 and I am happy to report that I have not had the same problem with clogged print-heads like I had on my old model. That said I do try and print something at least one a week to keep the ink flowing but I must admit I do forget and I have gone as long as a month and a half without printing with the new Epson printer and it prints perfectly.

My cousin still has his Epson WorkForce 840 that we both purchased on the same day and he has not had a clogged print head problem so this just goes to show you that like with anything else in life, mileage will vary. Heck I have had pens that if I don't use for several weeks I have to scratch on paper or heat the tip to get them working again. This is ink we are talking about so lets not be quick to blame a certain manufacture like they are the plague for a problem that is natural. Sorry for the rant but I am just trying to show you that clogged ink is not just a problem with Epson, Its a problem in general. I would never purchase another HP printer either because they don't seem to have driver support for more then one or two versions of Windows after you purchase the printer so it becomes a paper weight after that unless you get lucky and for example your Windows 8 driver works with lets say Windows 10, I been down that road to many times with HP and I personally don't wont to trust that my printer will be a paper weight in 3-5 years so I stay clear of them.