TechNut

HP Gen8 Microserver - Getting started

Joe_Miner

Cool, nice job! +1

TechNut

Cool, nice job! +1

Thank you! :)

neilt0

I've watched a couple and they are excellent. Really nice.

I'm curious why you decided to use the bracket to mount the SSD? You could just put it at the top of the case behind the ODD blank if you are just using one SSD.

TechNut

Thank you!

You are absolutly correct. When I bought my used Microserver a year ago I got the bracket. I don't use an SSD in my server so the bracket hasn't been used. Since we used an SSD for this build we decided to put it to use. But just putting it in the top would have worked just as well :)

• Like 1

schoondoggy

Beautiful! Very well done.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Helzy

Very nice series!

TechNut

Beautiful! Very well done.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Very nice series!

Thanks guys! Your feedback means a lot! :)

MrScorpius

Technut, thanks a lot, i'm new to the home server geek party and just aquired a microserverGen8 last week and your videos have been really helpfull!!
I've followed:

and

And now have the power of shared data and media across my network!

Joe_miner i've watched some of your videos too, it helped me in installing the SSD, i putted mine on top, and installing windows server 2012 R2! Thanks :)

Thanks a lot guys! I don't usually post on forums, just read them but you guys have helped me a lot and this forum has so many information on the MSgen8, i'll be posting and checking on it frequently

TechNut

Technut, thanks a lot, i'm new to the home server geek party and just aquired a microserverGen8 last week and your videos have been really helpfull!!

I've followed:

Installing ActiveDirectory and Installing File Server / Plex

And now have the power of shared data and media across my network!

Joe_miner i've watched some of your videos too, it helped me in installing the SSD, i putted mine on top, and installing windows server 2012 R2! Thanks :)

Thanks a lot guys! I don't usually post on forums, just read them but you guys have helped me a lot and this forum has so many information on the MSgen8, i'll be posting and checking on it frequently

Happy to hear that our videos helped you out! If you have any suggestions for other videos on the HP Gen8 Microserver just let us know :)