RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Chipset Heatsink

ToyCeli22

Just wondering if anyone here has tried to replace the chipset heatsink.  Mine seems to be burning up (but still within HP spec) and thinking I might want to try swapping it out with one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708003&cm_re=chipset_heatsink-_-35-708-003-_-Product

My fan is also blowing at 29% almost all the time even with an open case.  --running the latest firmwares from June.

ilo.PNG

Edited by ToyCeli22
  • Like 1

Mine shows the same with fan speed 6%. I am not sure if these sensors work fine...

• Like 1

My fan is also blowing at 29% almost all the time even with an open case.  --running the latest firmwares from June.

Best to only take readings with the cover on.

The air flow does not work properly with the cover off.

Best to only take readings with the cover on.

The air flow does not work properly with the cover off.

Was testing open and closed case with not much difference.  61 closed and 65 open.  

Optimal cooling currently set.  I've tried the other cooling settings but they did jack up the fan to 60% and it sounded like a hornet's nest.

My current config is:

1230v2

16GB Kingston ram

m1015 hba

4x3TB HGST NAS drives

2x240GB Corsair SSD -Raid 1

Do you have any fans/blowers on the m1015 (PCIe area) -- air circulation is pretty bad in that corner with a card in.

Are the Corsair's in the ODD bay area? or mounted on the side of the PSU?

You may want to try OHM "Open Hardware Monitor" to get some getter temps on your CPU

Thanks for the input!

No extra cooling on my box and my SSD's are up in the ODD.  Forgot to add that i'm running ESXi 6, though not sure that would make a difference.

I don't see a sensor 13 -- are your temps from after running for some time (with cover on) so that we're looking at steady state temps?

I don't see a sensor 13 -- are your temps from after running for some time (with cover on) so that we're looking at steady state temps?

Which sensor is 13??

It's been running open cover since yesterday afternoon.  I completely forgot to close it back up heh

My brother in law has the same problem

21 intake

61 Chipset

Mine

21 intake

51 Chipset

Another friend

21 intake

52 Chipset

i put it down to the heatsink / paste not being mounted properly