RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Danjor

Replacement PSU for MS Gen 8 (UK)

Danjor

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced PSU, it's the UK version which shipped with a 200W. The cheapest I have manged to source so far is over £200! It would be cheaper to buy a whole new server. It doesn't have to be original, I am happy with anything that would work/fit..

Joe_Miner

This might help:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8511-n40l-psu-failure/?p=91370 Check the dimensions and the cabling -- I'm not sure that a Seasonic that would work on a G7 would work on a Gen8

also http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6955-installing-picopsu-in-microserver-gen8-including-power-usage/

Trig0r

Whats the HP Spare code on the PSU..?

jmwills

Hard to go wrong with Seasonic.

Danjor

Just in case anyone was interested, the PSU worked fine albeit a bit of a squeeze to get in but it fitted just! Thanks for your help Joe....

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

Excellent news -- thanks for letting us know

paradox

I was thinking of upgrading my PSU, I assume the stock one isn't at least 80+ certified?

However, any idea if the SGDM brackets etc would even attach to an aftermarket PSU?

schoondoggy

Whats the HP Spare code on the PSU..?

For the 150W 724496-001 and the 200W 724497-001

I was thinking of upgrading my PSU, I assume the stock one isn't at least 80+ certified?

However, any idea if the SGDM brackets etc would even attach to an aftermarket PSU?

On page 82:

http://kmcs-service.austin.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03783380-1.pdf

150W 79%

200W 81%

• Like 1

Trig0r

Cheers SD