RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anyone here manage to snag 1 of those $185 Microservers last night?

Helzy

Sucks being a Canadian. I am completely loathe to bid on auctions on Ebay with no option for shipping to Canada but damn what a good deal those were:

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/MiddleFrame.asp?page=config&ProductLineId=431&FamilyId=3289&BaseId=41939&SkipRedirect=YES&oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=

10 of them @ $185 a pop... Gone in just a couple hours.

/lesigh

Edited by Helzy
  • Like 1

Perhaps a sign that a Gen 9 is on the way?

From what I have read, HP still has no comment --or at least, HP employees that want to comment are stating the "can't confirm or deny" stuff.

It would be nice to see them come out with something though, considering Gen9 of their servers is already on the market.

they have been £99 ($155 US) for a while now in the uk

Gen9 cant be far off

That's a killer price.  Shame it's so hard to find low-voltage 1155 Xeon E3's (even used) at good upgrade prices these days.

Then again, hard to even find a good NAS for that price, and I bet the base config runs XPEnology fairly well.

they have been £99 ($155 US) for a while now in the uk

Gen9 cant be far off

That is killer, I wonder what shipping that sealed carton to Canada would cost. I had fixed up a g1610t with a 1265L and a P222, but once I had finished my esxi lab work it was just a lump and sold it to an associate. Still have a brand new PS1810 switch so I wouldn't mind snagging a cheap 712317-001 one again but can't find them new in Canada for less than $585 :/

Anyway yeah dude had 10 of them up, I snet a note with 8 remaining to see if he'd ship 3 to Canada woke up first thing the next AM and they were all gone.

Edited by Helzy

Its £179.99 then £80 rebate from HP UK

doubt HP UK will send a rebate to canadians

Nope, that's grey.

Funny thing about them being that price is the amount of drives and other bits I have put in mine the original server could of been a tenner and I would still have spent stupid amounts on the server, I blame the missus, if she let me spend it on making the car faster at least she'd know where my money goes, as its server related she just see's it as "Faffing"..