RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cannot load Matrox 200eh driver

TomP

Installed W7 x64 pro and only got the Standard VGA Graphics Adaper, so I tried to install the latest HP 200eh drive and also the Intel Server drive mentioned in the BSOD post, but both give an install error and an indication of a 'Base Device missing'

Also tried the 'Scan for Changes' in W7x64 Device Manager and it found some unknown hardware but failed to install the driver.

Then tried F9 setup where I found Advanced Options > Video Options where the Embedded Video was disabled, so I enabled it as 'Primary'

Now the 200eh is identified, but all install routes still fail. I did try to manually load the drivers, but the S08x64 driver gave a message that it is 'incompatible with the OS'

Can anybody help? or should I not worry about it?

Thanks...TomP

Yes, the cp023660e first  and the Intel drivers mentioned in your BSOD post with Schoondoggy's replies, both files are called S08x64

I get the message that it is not compatible with the installed OS

Windows Device Manager sees the G200EH but also can't load either the web drivers it finds or my manual pointing to the other 2 above.

Edited by TomP

OK, I've had some coffee and it dawned on me what you were talking about with the Windows 7 and BSOD post reference -- which is http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9501-bsod-with-matrox-drivers-and-windows-7-pro-on-gen-8/

See:

http://homeservershow.com/installing-windows-7-on-my-hp-proliant-gen8-microserver.html

I couldn't get it to work properly with the new HP video driver -- as Schoon said you could try previous drivers --- I didn't bother because the generic Win driver was working for me, YMMV

Did you install the iLO drivers and the USB3 drivers?  Device manager was happy after I installed those -- see the blog posting referenced above.

Edited by Joe_Miner

(I posted this reply yesterday but it seems to have disappeared)...

I installed the Renesas USB3 drivers and  ILO firmware to 2.20, but there are no ILO drivers on the HP Support site, just several 'Software - Lights-out Management' downloads, so should I have installed some of these?

Also I see an ILO console - is this for remote control on a Windows desktop?

Thanks...TomP