RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

No physical Disk detected on PERC H710 Mini

geeseoward

Hello everyone,

I have a new Dell PowerEdge R620 that have 8 SAS drives of 1 Tb each mounted but controller bios doesn't see them. Please, what can i do?

Envoyé de mon SM-G900H en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you for your answer but all cables are connected as from factory. So SAS cables too.

f033cdeeeb1a63f626857a58826d0e5d.jpg

Your link doesn't work.

This may sound like a non-helpful answer, but as the server is new, I'd be on the horn to Dell Server Support pretty quickly.  They are genuinely helpful, and for a new, under-warranty server, they'd be my first line of defense.

I'd certainly be interested in knowing what their answer is --one other question; did you purchase the drives from Dell, or did you install aftermarket ones?

When the server first boots, you will see an option to enter the Controller setup, you need go into that part of the BIOS and setup the arrays or ay least initialize the drives for the server to see.  All of these utilities are different so it's rather hard to give you a step by step. 

I just purchased a used HP DL385G6 for the ridiculous price of $300 with 64 GB RAM.  $200 later by adding 4x146GB SAS & 3x300GB SAS I have a pretty decent system for consolidating some boxes.  I had to go into the BIOS and delete all of the previous arrays that were on the server and create my own on the P410 controller.  The Dell utilities are pretty initiative and easy to setup, just remember not to setup a RAID in the BIOS and one using the Dell utility as well.