RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Upgrading the EX470's Software

John H

I am not sure if I titled this correctly but I want to upgrade the WHS operating system to the latest version (not the beta WHS). I have an EX470 and I have the three disks from HP. I had a little trouple getting the server to go into recovery mode so I connected the cable to my EX470 that allows me to plug in a keyboard, monitor, and mouse. Then I was able to get the server into recovery mode and my desktop was able to see the server. I clicked on next, and I saw an error message on the server. 6bc] Socket: :Read - time out, retrying (asked for 4 bytes... My desltop came up withy a message a few minutes later saying it could not complete the recovery. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Yes I did upgrade the memory. Do you think the cable in the motherboard for the keyboard, video, and mouse is causing the error?

Edited by John_h

I took out the cable and had the same result. I also plug the server directly into my desktop using the CAT-5 cable and had the same result. It finds the server so much faster. I have all my data backed up to an external USB drive so I am thinking about doing the restoing to factory settings. I think that option will wipe out all of my data. Other than my desktop backups, what other issues should I be concerned with before I attempt this?