RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New firmware - 15th June 2015

GotNoTime

New firmware was released on 15th June 2015 for iLO 4, the built-in HP 332i NIC and the HP Smart Array P222 card. The latest BIOS firmware was also repackaged but it is the same one as from last year. Not sure why they did that.

Various drivers were also updated for Windows and vSphere. Select your OS from the dropdown on the HP page to see what is available to download.

Be aware that the latest hpvsa driver still has the performance issues. Downgrading to 5.5.0-88OEM is still required.

A new Proliant Service Pack (2015.06.0) was also released if you want a single ISO image to do the updates from.

iLO 4: 2.20

This version adds support for the following features and enhancements:

• The Remote Console security settings were moved from the Administration > Security > Remote Console page to the Remote Console > Security page.

• The new Authentication Failure Delay Time setting allows users to configure the duration of the iLO login delay after a failed login attempt. This setting can be configured on the Access Settings page.

• The new Authentication Failures Before Delay setting allows users to configure the number of failed login attempts that are allowed before iLO imposes a login delay. This setting can be configured on the Access Settings page.

• iLO 4 2.20 and later allows you to install more than one language pack.

- For iLO 4 2.10 and earlier—You can install one language pack at a time. Installing a new language pack replaces the currently installed language pack, regardless of the language pack version.

- For iLO 4 2.20 and later—Language packs are not supported on servers that do not have a NAND. Servers without a NAND should continue to use iLO 4 2.10.

- iLO 4 2.20 or later requires version 2.20 or later of the iLO language pack.

- When you upgrade from an earlier version of iLO 4 to version 2.20 or later, previously installed language packs are deleted.

- The following language packs are available: Japanese and Simplified Chinese.

• The HP ProLiant Agentless Management Service status is now listed on the Information > System Information > Summary page.

• Trusted Module status is now displayed on the Information > Overview page.

• RIBCL scripts and the CLP can now be used to send a test trap to test the SNMP configuration.

• Added support for IPv6 in IPMI LAN Configuration Command Parameters.

HP Smart Array P222: 6.64

An intermittent aborted IO request with attached SATA drives resulted in a LUN (Logical Unit Number) reset.

When using SATA drives with a Px2x controller, the server may stop responding or shut down after an extended period of time due to a controller lockup (POST Lockup 0xAB).

HP 332i NIC: 4.0.1.17

Boot Code Version: 1.36

PXE Version: 17.0.2

NCSI Version: 1.3.7

CCM Version: 17.0.1

This product addresses an issue where the sideband traffic on the second port stops after a system warm reboot when both ports are enabled for transmit and the first port is linked down.

Edited by GotNoTime
  • Like 2

How I can check that my µServer is all up2date ?

Sans_titre.jpg

Edited by llaumgui

How I can check that my µServer is all up2date ?

Sans_titre.jpg

The easiest way would be to download the HP Service Pack as an .ISO file, mount it (I use Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive), and run the hpsum located in the root after you mount it.  It will guide you through with a web-based interface.

One note -The service pack didn't find the firmware for my HP 332i NIC in the updates; I just downloaded that one manually and installed it.  I'm not sure why.  Everything else (drivers, iLO, P222 RAID firmware, etc.) were found and updated properly.

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way would be to download the HP Service Pack as an .ISO file, mount it (I use Slysoft Virtual CloneDrive), and run the hpsum located in the root after you mount it.  It will guide you through with a web-based interface.

One note -The service pack didn't find the firmware for my HP 332i NIC in the updates; I just downloaded that one manually and installed it.  I'm not sure why.  Everything else (drivers, iLO, P222 RAID firmware, etc.) were found and updated properly.

Hi, how you updated the HP 332i NiC manually? Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Hello good Morning. I'm downloading the service pack ISO 2015.10.0. What steps should I take to install? The ISO must be loaded from this page ILO? http://i.imgur.com/VVMg6te.jpg

It turns out that the micro server time recently that I bought, and I have completely outdated. How also I update the BIOS?

Edited by Robertomcat

Mount it in the remote console virtual media. Then boot from it and let it auto update everything.

Please could you tell me a little the process? Is that I've never used this update process, as it is the first time .. Thank you.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Maybe somebody can help me with this.

The (embedded) HP Ethernet 1Gb 2-port 332i Adapter has currently the firmware version 17.4.41

How can i check if this this the latest version ? or where i can find the latest firmware version.

The SPP contains 2.17.6(26 Sep 2016), but in the notes it mentions :

Notes:

This software package contains combo image v17.4.41 with the following firmware versions:

Is this the latest firmware and is it safe to install ?

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_379daccdc547448493fd2c5b17#tab-history

thnaks for the help

Edited by madpatrick