RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New Proliant Service Pack (2015.06.0)

Biggen

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

If I run it in online mode, am I required to download HP SUM before I run the program or is SUM included in the .iso? I've only ever done this in offline mode.

I'm running a ESXi 6 host with both Server 2012 and Linux VMs. Does it only need to be run once in online mode to update software drivers?

Edited by Biggen

I am not able to download it. It says "Access to the kiosk product denied."

But on the Enhancements tab I saw:

Included in this release:

Support for new HP ProLiant servers and options

Most VMware firmware components converted from scexe to zip

HP Smart Update Manager v7.3.0

Maybe someone can provide a direct download link.

Edited by OctavianH

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the daft question but how exactly do I install this ISO? Tried to do it via iLO4 but it fails to upload it... Haven't done any further updates other than iLO to 2.20

Add it in iLO's Remote Console as a Virtual Drive from Image File (CD/ISO), restart and boot from it like you do with a normal OS iso when installing. Then you can choose to upgrade... Or mount the iso in the OS and run launch_hpsum. SUM will start and guide you.

Add it in iLO's Remote Console as a Virtual Drive from Image File (CD/ISO), restart and boot from it like you do with a normal OS iso when installing. Then you can choose to upgrade... Or mount the iso in the OS and run launch_hpsum. SUM will start and guide you.

A fair amount of updates, including the iLO, RAID controller firmware (if you have a dedicated SmartArray, plus an updated HP SmartStorage Administrator), NIC drivers, and quite a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...