RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Firmware/BIOS Etc all up to date?

paradox

When I run the F10 updater it finds things and says they are a newer version than what I have installed, but then on the next 'confirmation' page, the version numbers are switched, and it seems I actually have the latest versions? Is it a known bug in the updater like this?

Anyway these are all the versions I can find everywhere, please check with yours and let me know if any of them are out of date and need updating:

System ROM     J06
System ROM Date     06/06/2014
Backup System ROM Date     11/09/2013

iLO Firmware Version     2.10 Jan 15 2015

Some more:

ab4CBVP.png

Am I missing any? If so, where can I check the version of whatever it is.

Some more images here:

JyILdZL.jpg

Firmware update suggesting these files? (the checked one started that way)

oEtcBNB.jpg

Reviewing the updates - not all are shown, but the versions are different (swapped?) One time, it only showed two updates in the 'review', even though I selected them all (I didn't install, just wanted to see what the review said)

SwU3Qyc.jpg

No idea about this, do I have the latest version installed or what? with the versions seemingly being switched around (unless I'm just an idiot) I can't be sure, because it keeps suggesting the same (or previous) update each time I try, as if it's swapping them around?

JE52uPR.jpg

Same thing happened to me, 

ended up downgrading everything :( 

Reverted to the backup Bios, and updated the rest manually

Yeah I noticed that what it seems to do is alternate between the latest version and the previous.

Rather than create another new topic for a couple small questions hopefully someone will stop by and help out.

Firstly, how did I get to this screen during bootup? I hit a key on the keyboard I think but I have no idea what, and it seemed like a much faster way of getting into the provisioning program.

QNSkPet.jpg

When I was running insight diagnostics, one of the things crashed and kept trying to load and crashing over and over like this:

CvsVaJ5.jpg

I waited a good 10 minutes but eventually I had to hold the power button down, is there nothing else to do at that point? is it safe?

anyone? particularly worried about that one firmware not updating itself properly or at all. what does everyone elses versions look like?

Hi Guys,

I am New to the Gen8 and a ltttle bit confused. Just like paradox, I  plugged my Gen8 for the 1st time and booted up to do some updates ....  without boring you

HP Bios is showing as J06 11/09/2013

backup version  06/06/2014

iLO  firmware     2.0.0 Jul 2014

I understand I need to update the ILO & BIOS. At the moment all I have in the Gen8 is a blank SSD & MicroSD card + I activated the iLO trial

my questions  are :-

1) I take it that the new ILO & BIOS firmware upgrades I a after are in the Proliant Service Pack (2015.06.0) ?

2) Do I need to install an OS before I can perform these upgrade or they can be done via the iLO web interface ?

Thanks

my questions are

Are these 2 updates present in the