RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anywhare Access problem on new set up

going back to the upnp / router setup topic, you should do one or the other, not both. in other words, if you have upnp on and want the server to establish the port mapping, don't do the same manually in the router. or visa versa - if you manually forwarded the ports tell the setup wizard you will do it yourself.

to test that aspect, you would use the address like 'myrequestedname.remotewebaccess.com' hopefully from outside your home lan to be sure.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CraigR

• jmwills

• nrf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks but that's no longer a problem. The problem now is after clicking on videos under media it just gives an error. This is a fresh install and no other software was installed.

Can anyone suggest anything? I have read so much the last few days and other people were to by Micro$oft rep to decrease the number of files. This is not a fix though.

jmwills

The URL you gave me points to a 2011 server and that can only utilize 8GB of RAM, not saying that's an issue but at thsi point I'd start looking at the networking side of things.

Yes, since the 2012 was not working I put the old drive back in that has 2011 on it for now and Yes I had to remove 8GB. I can swap it back out if you need to log in and look.

jmwills

Just don't have time for the new several days.  If the videos are loading from WHS2011 just fine and not from the 2012 box (assuming these are different servers), the NIC seems to be the place to start looking.

Same machine just different drives. The 2011 Has lots of problems with thhe BSOD and also like you mentioned can only run 8gb ram.