RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anywhare Access problem on new set up

CraigR

Just installed server 2012 Essentials R2 and I'm having problems with getting the anywhere access set up. I have ports 80, 443, 4125 forwarded and UPnP turned on in my router. I know it must be a setting issue because I'm going from WHS 2011 and that was working fine through my network. here are some pics of what I'm getting.

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• nrf

• CraigR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you know that you have forwarded the correct ports to the correct static IP address, then ignore the error and for sure turn off UPnP.  Get outside of your LAN and see if you can connect.

Yes, I have a static IP set on it but I don't know what you mean by "correct static IP" and no I can not connect. I can give you the web address if you want.

By correct I mean the one the server is actually using.  I'd be glad to check the URL.

Ok, but what articke has the download for the software? It looks like the client needs to be running windows 8 to work and all my stuff is windows 7.

Edited by CraigR

Well I think Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is junk for streaming files and I wasted 2 days on this just to find out it can't do it without being super slow and errors all the time. Looks like bak to whs2011 until I find something better.