RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Buying by Sneakernet

StanHD

I will be visiting the USA in December, and whilst the rest of the family relieve Sanibel of some of it's shells I intend to go browsing in the electronics / components stores. (yes sad, very sad, I need to see someone) Anyway, my question is any recommendations for the Fort Myers Fl area?

Not from FL, but looks like there's a CompUSA in Fort Myers :)

http://www.compusa.com/retailstores/Compusastores/fort_myers.asp

Huh - I didn't realize that TigerDirect had tried to make a go in the brick-and-mortar market. I knew they bought CompUSA (and Circuit City), but I thought it was just for the online notoriety. The CompUSAs and Circuit City stores around here are all gone. Is there a Fry's in FL? If so, that is a very cool store to go to. I've only been to the one in Vegas but it is quite a store.

Keith

No Fry's, No Microcenter, you might just be stuck with CompUSA and (gasp!) Bestbuy

Hah! We just got Best Buy here in the UK. My company was approached to install the building services including the power and data installation. But they wanted it real cheap, so we declined. Looks like CompUSA then? (Fort Myers & Naples Harley are cool though smile.gif)

You could buy stuff online and have it shipped to your USA address, assumimng you'll be there long eough for the stuff to be delivered.

StanHD may have just found the loophole he was looking for to participate in the give a ways. US address while on vacation. Who cares that it is actually the Marriott.

StanHD may have just found the loophole he was looking for to participate in the give a ways. US address while on vacation. Who cares that it is actually the Marriott.

Don't forget places like UPS stores. They can serve as addresses too.