RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Boot help

linearg

How can I get Windows Server Eseentials 2012 R2 to boot to login with out having to choose the operating system at the windows boot menu. If I don't choose it just stays until I do a real pain when you reboot from remote desktop and you are not pysically near the computer.

Edited by linearg

This sounds like you installed the same OS twice.  No way that I know of to get rid of this other than to clean install again.

Yeah i did that and I have a unallocated 300 mb partition that I can't make available to the main partition I bet that is why it ask to choose. How can I get rid of that partition?

I did a new install uefi bios have the same trouble still does not boot to login with out having to choose the operating system at the windows boot menu. Could it be secureboot?

Edited by linearg

Fixed it reinstalled a non uefi version all is well on the boot but I cannot see all my network computers. I see some in network and the others I can type the address and the shares show up but as soon as  I leave network the computer disappears.Any ideas