RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Joe_Miner

BSOD with Matrox Drivers and Windows 7 Pro on Gen 8

Joe_Miner

Wanted to report that I've discovered that when running with Windows 7 Pro 64b on my Gen8 MicroServer I hit a BSOD frequently with the Maxtrox G200eH Video Controller Driver ofr Windows Server 2008 x64 6.12.1.1030 (30 Mar 2015) cp023660.exe installed.  When I removed the Maxtrox life was good with no BSOD's.  When I did an install without the Maxtrox life was also good with no BSOD's.  As soon as I put the cp023660.exe in there life began to tank with BSOD's frequently. 

schoondoggy

Do you know what the version is on the driver that is giving you BSOD?

Joe_Miner

6.12.1.1030 (30 Mar 2015) cp023660.exe

Joe_Miner

Thanks Schoon!  I realize now what you were asking -- I saw it but didn't remember it (it's hell to get old).

It was a little disconcerting at first -- I thought I'd finally broke it :)

Edited by Joe_Miner

schoondoggy

6.12.1.1030 (30 Mar 2015) cp023660.exe

Oh, like it sezs in your first post! :-)

TomP

I got 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' showing in W7 Device Manager, so tried to install both cp023660 and the Intel drivers and both give an error. Advice would be very welcome

rocketeer

Wanted to report that I've discovered that when running with Windows 7 Pro 64b on my Gen8 MicroServer I hit a BSOD frequently with the Maxtrox G200eH Video Controller Driver ofr Windows Server 2008 x64 6.12.1.1030 (30 Mar 2015) cp023660.exe installed.  When I removed the Maxtrox life was good with no BSOD's.  When I did an install without the Maxtrox life was also good with no BSOD's.  As soon as I put the cp023660.exe in there life began to tank with BSOD's frequently. 

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your remind. I have the similar problem that the drivers download from HP cannot be installed in Win7 X64. I am wondering that have you solved the problem?

BTW, thanks for your detailed explainations of the Win 7 installation guide.