RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 10 Client Support

Aha, so it does actually work then, you just have to install it manually?

Ah no, my mistake, looks like they're going to release a version soon which will work with manual installation but it won't be fully working for server install until around October.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• oceang

• Poppapete

• Jay2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UEFI support and the Client Restore over the network are #1 & #2 for my change to essentials.

I uninstalled the connector - archived the old windows 10 data and re-installed the connector Everything connected fine and is running a backup now. I dont have any other server software installed a

Windows 10 10162 supports connector in Home Server 2011 and hopefully 2012 R2 E   http://www.wegotserved.com/2015/07/06/windows-10-now-supports-windows-home-server-client-backup/

Aha, so it does actually work then, you just have to install it manually?

Ah no, my mistake, looks like they're going to release a version soon which will work with manual installation but it won't be fully working for server install until around October.

Yes, that's the way I read it too.

Drashna Jaelre

Yes, that's the way I read it too.

Yes, it's a hotfix. That means manual installation, and foreknowledge about its existance. 

Better yet, if you check the article, it does actually have a link to the hotfix (which already exists).

But for the sake of convenience:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045682

No, the hotfix is for Windows 8.1 for a different issue (restoring files).  Under Windows 10 it clearly states they're working on an updated client connector as the one shipped with 2012 R2 won't install on Windows 10.

Drashna Jaelre

And great news!!!

Microsoft has updated the post to include links to the Connector installers. So we do have Windows 10 support

• Like 1
jmwills

And great news!!!

Microsoft has updated the post to include links to the Connector installers. So we do have Windows 10 support

Thumbs up!

Poppapete

MS comes thru. :wub:

Will skipdomainjoin work and SkipautoDNSServerdection = True? :rolleyes:

Will skipdomainjoin work and SkipautoDNSServerdection = True? :rolleyes:

I have just tested the 64 bit version with skipdomainjoin work and SkipautoDNSServerdection = True.

It works fine. 

I upgraded my Surface Pro 1 to Windows 10 Pro using the standard Microsoft upgrade process. I reserved a copy at about 9:30pm.  By 11:15pm, it had downloaded and after asking me, it upgraded.

It was good to get this news this morning and prove its working. Now I can progress through the rest of my machines, except my HTPC.

• Like 1