• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• oceang

• Poppapete

• Jay2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UEFI support and the Client Restore over the network are #1 & #2 for my change to essentials.

I uninstalled the connector - archived the old windows 10 data and re-installed the connector Everything connected fine and is running a backup now. I dont have any other server software installed a

Windows 10 10162 supports connector in Home Server 2011 and hopefully 2012 R2 E   http://www.wegotserved.com/2015/07/06/windows-10-now-supports-windows-home-server-client-backup/

No good for me, I am on 2012R2, just keeping WHS2011 box around because I haven't found a good re-purpose of the box (N36L) yet.

jmwills

I'll try tonight with my 10122 Build and see what happens.  Thanks for the update.

steve053

@ oceang - I'm on Essential 2012, didn't upgrade to R2, so I'm hoping that 2012 is included.  Don't want to have to upgrade just to back-up Win 10.

jmwills

I can confirm that Build 10122 does indeed install the WHS2011 connector and will backup the client.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just checked the Technet thread on this subject. Still not response from Microsoft or any resolution from the community.

Anyone else know anything?

• 2 weeks later...

I am using whs 2011 connector ver 6.1 and windows 10 10130 and it wont connect to the server.

It was working on an older version of windows 10 but when I updated to 10130 it quit working.

I saw a post from someone that it was working with 10130.

any suggestions

Will try uninstalling and re-installing the the connector

I uninstalled the connector - archived the old windows 10 data and re-installed the connector

Everything connected fine and is running a backup now.

I dont have any other server software installed at this time to test others, but windows 10 10130 is working with WHS 2011 if you do a clean install.

• Like 1

Back on topic, I have tested the 2012 R2 Connector on Windows 10 Build 10159 and it still wont install.