RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 10 & Matrox G200eh

erzulie

Hi All,

I am currently running Windows 8.1 on my Gen8 and I have just received a notification in my system tray that the Windows 10 upgrade is coming soon. After clicking on "Check your PC" I am told that my Matrox G200eh isn't compatible with Windows 10.

Incompatible%20Matrox%20G200eh.png

Is this the graphics output for the D-SUB on the rear of the Gen8 or is it the one that iLO uses? Or perhaps both?

Has anyone tried Windows 10 on the Gen 8? Can you report on what, if any, problems you're having?

Thanks!

That's odd - are you also on Windows 8.1?

Otherwise, I am connecting to my server via RDP so perhaps that is causing the problem.

Have you updated iLO and all the firmware to the latest revision? The Matrox is both in iLO and the main VGA.

Have you updated iLO and all the firmware to the latest revision? The Matrox is both in iLO and the main VGA.

No. I'm now downloading the latest service pack and will install when I have some free time to see if it helps, thanks!

Hmm...Windows 10 not working with a "GPU" from 1998.  Shocking.  :D

I can't seem to find a good datasheet, but the G200 was AGP. I have to wonder if the G200EH ever made it to PCI or PCIe?

G200 is PCI too, I have a PCI one at work that came out of an old Dell workstation.  Actually, there were two G200 chips on a single PCI card giving 4 monitor outputs.

I have just seen the same results as erzulie, strange how  Shonk got the all clear.

Other than iLO and remote console, I use Edgerunner Multiplicy to work on my main desktop PC, whilst also working on a  Laptop and two Servers, all from separate windows on my three monitor setup.

I wonder how this will affect that setup. I assume Multiplcity uses the Gen8 video drivers to work its magic.

I have just tested my 2 month old laptop and it failed the Windows test as well. So maybe we shouldn't take too much notice.