RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Possible DIY Microserver Case

schoondoggy

Dear YodaFett:

Thank you so very very much for posting the InWin Mini Server case in chat tonight:

http://www.in-win.com.tw/Server/zh/goods.php?act=view&id=IW-MS04

It looks to be a very nice case and very similar to a MicroServer.

Of course I will need to buy one. My wife has promised to inflict bodily harm to me if I come home with one more piece of 'Computer Junk'.

She has also recommended I find someplace else to live until I get rid of some of my 'Computer Junk'. Just curious, do you or Joe_Miner have a room I could rent? It looks like I will need to rent a trailer to haul my 'Computer Junk' to the meet up.

Oh, goodie! NewEgg has it in stock!

Your Pal

schoondoggy

I've one here.  I'm very happy with it.  Nice front door, nice drive sleds, the 1U PSU is quiet (quieter than the Gen8 PSU), decent ADDA PWM fan on the back.  I got it off Amazon UK about 2 weeks ago.

I'll take photos later and post them up.

curious, it seems the power supply is an option, newegg lists it with PS but does not provide one according to review there and the manufacturer's response.

curious, it seems the power supply is an option, newegg lists it with PS but does not provide one according to review there and the manufacturer's response.

Dear YodaFett:

Thank you so very very much for posting the InWin Mini Server case in chat tonight:

http://www.in-win.com.tw/Server/zh/goods.php?act=view&id=IW-MS04

It looks to be a very nice case and very similar to a MicroServer.

Of course I will need to buy one. My wife has promised to inflict bodily harm to me if I come home with one more piece of 'Computer Junk'.

She has also recommended I find someplace else to live until I get rid of some of my 'Computer Junk'. Just curious, do you or Joe_Miner have a room I could rent? It looks like I will need to rent a trailer to haul my 'Computer Junk' to the meet up.

Oh, goodie! NewEgg has it in stock!

Your Pal

schoondoggy

Last night's podcast was very stressful trying to hold back with all the neat stuff being talked about and then Yoda had to start posting links to MORE neat stuff!!

I could make room for ya Schoondoggy but I'll have to move some of my computer stuff -- I think your wife has been talking to mine.

She doesn't understand this disease I have :)

PSU came with mine, I think it's a 265W unit.  I think it's made by PowerMan, I'll confirm a little later when I get home.  It is, however, very quiet, and even has a power plug for a slimline DVD drive hanging off one of the backplane Molex connectors. 

It has 2x Molex (for the backplane), 1x slimline SATA power (for optical drive), 2x SATA, 8-pin CPU and 24-pin ATX.  The fan is ADDA 40mm as per usual on 1U supplies, but it is very, very quiet.  I initially thought it was broken, but it is working and it is keeping the PSU cool even when the machine was sitting in direct sunlight all afternoon (forgot to pull the blind before going to work, derp!).

Edit: http://www.in-win.com.tw/Power/en/goods.php?act=view&id=IP-S-Series%20AU

Edited by HellDiverUK
  • Like 1

It does come with a PS from NewEgg.

• 10 months later...