icy_roland

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• icy_roland

• SabatonFan80

• Wes

Very nice looking. I purchased a cheapo 2 in 1 once and have been trying it again. I'm not real sure how much I can trust it. This one looks sweet.

We recorded an intro video for it that better shows how it works and looks. I will post it up when we are finished with it.

Its got a real heavy duty feel to it, and looks pretty badass with its gunmetal-esque black finish.

Roland - tell the boys (and girls) at IcyDock, nice work! That's an incredibly tight fit! Get's me thinking....ITX...Atom 510...

We haven't been able to fully test it here yet because we only have a couple of 2.5" drives here. But I can try to get my hands on our engineering lab reports.

For what it's worth: it was designed to house 4 SAS drives, so cooling was a big factor in the development stage. I believe we originally had a design with only a single fan, but the temps were on the high side, still within limits, but, you know. Thus we have our dual fan set up.

Once I get the lab report, I will post the results. I know that numbers have more credibility than a rep for a company :D

Any thoughts on when it will hit the stores? I'm guessing it'll be pricey, but I already have a similar units from Addonics and love the concept. My problem with the ones I have is that the mechanism for removing/inserting drives feels a bit awkward. My experience from Icy Dock tells me that this one will be better.

Interesting... this could be a neat option for some of the servers I work with at work.. (with maxed out 2*8drive HP backplanes...)