RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
strobe

Where is beep speaker located?

strobe

Hi here, 

I just got today new Mini Server g8 and just thinking about unplugging beep speaker, but not found it at first try.

GotNoTime

The piezo buzzer is the black plastic cylinder with a hole in the top between the TPM socket and the Lithium coin cell in the middle of the board. You can't disconnect it without unsoldering it. The best can do is put a piece of tape over it.

How often do you reboot your microserver to warrant disconnecting the buzzer?

strobe

The piezo buzzer is the black plastic cylinder with a hole in the top between the TPM socket and the Lithium coin cell in the middle of the board. You can't disconnect it without unsoldering it. The best can do is put a piece of tape over it.

How often do you reboot your microserver to warrant disconnecting the buzzer?

yes, looks like best option in that case just add some sound protection, may be by some tiny peace of polyurethane with tape.

I'm planing to use this server at home for host few dev. VMs and at some time I really need to reboot whole machine at middle of the night.

(Unfortunately it makes beep not only while reboot, I sure that I heard it few times while I just pressed tab at some linux terminal (probably is possible to reconfigure, but is not best option)).

anyway thanks.

Riz

Yes that beep was annoying especially since I keep pressing tab and making mistakes .

If you run linux you can do this "echo 'set bell-style none' >> ~/.inputrc"