RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Ratchet

What am I doing wrong.

Ratchet

I was running Expenology (for 1 day) and then I wasn't able to log into Synology assistant no matter what I tried it picks it up but when I try to log in the status is showing as migrating even a fresh install doesn't work.

I don't know if this is anything to do with it but the NIC is always flashing and the hdd led doesn't light up at all, and now the power button to server flashes and the blue light has flashed red a few times ( I know this isn't normal) I honestly don't know what I have done is there a way to reset everything to default and can I format the hdds within the server. Thanks in advance.

Ratchet

Bump

schoondoggy

iLO keeps track of system health. Once you log in you should be able to get a better idea of what is wrong with your sever.

Page 160 tells you how to get to Health Summary.

Page 183 tells you how to use the event log, this may give you some idea of what is wrong.

Post your findings and we will try to help. 

Ratchet

iLO keeps track of system health. Once you log in you should be able to get a better idea of what is wrong with your sever.

Page 160 tells you how to get to Health Summary.

Page 183 tells you how to use the event log, this may give you some idea of what is wrong.

Post your findings and we will try to help.

I logged into iLO tonight and in system info summary everything is coming up as it should. In the event log are cautions for the server being reset admittedly quite a few with me just switching it off or pulling the power. I also informational such as APO last power state restored, Power on request by: Automatic Power Recovery, server power removed.

Going by the iLO do you have any idea why I am still having problems installing expenology.

schoondoggy

What does your system look like: drives-memory-PCIe cards

How are your drives configured?

Are you booting form a drive or USB?

Ratchet

What does your system look like: drives-memory-PCIe cards

How are your drives configured?

Are you booting form a drive or USB?

i only have one drive in it at the moment the new one I bought was showing as failed in intelligent provisioning and it only has the stock 2 gb memory at the moment. Is a PCIe card a video card if so its a Radeon HD 5450.

I have no idea what the drive configuration is not really had a lot of experience in this and yes I am booting from a usb stick. When booting the NIC led doesn't stay lit and the drive led only briefly flashes I don't know if this normal or not.

I tried to log into Synology assistant tonight it just kept coming up that no server is connected to the LAN I am at a complete loss here as it seems the more I try to fix things the further I mess things up.

Edited by Ratchet

snapper

What are your plans for this box?

Just confused why you would add a graphics card if you wanted to use Xpenology...

Have you plugged a monitor/keyboard in to see what happens on boot?

Do you get the DiskStation login: prompt after its booted?

Ratchet

What are your plans for this box?

Just confused why you would add a graphics card if you wanted to use Xpenology...

Have you plugged a monitor/keyboard in to see what happens on boot?

Do you get the DiskStation login: prompt after its booted?

at the moment its just for storage sharing media and for it to download in the background and once i learn a bit more about them i will hopefully be able to use it for other stuff. I bought the graphics card as i didnt know you could set it up without one and i was planning to put windows on it at some point. Its connected to the tv and it shows nanoboot/expenoboot tried both.

The diskstation part is where its going wrong(i think) at the moment it doesent find any synology servers but when i do and start to install DSM

it shows that the status is migrating or upgrading and the few times i have managed to complete the install it comes up with a message failed to connect with an option to search manually.