RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
hooperrsa

Windows 8.1 drivers

hooperrsa

Could not find anything about this in my searches - I have installed Windows 8.1 pro on my Gen 8, what HP drivers should I install, or are the Microsoft ones from during the installation, all that is necessary?

schoondoggy

Windows 8.1 is not a supported OS from HP on the Microserver, so there will not be any drivers. That said, Windows Server 2012 R2 drivers seem to work fine.

Here is a video from a guy that seems to know what he is doing:

• Like 2

hooperrsa

Thank you, I'll have a look at the video and see if it lists what drivers I need to install.

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

For Win8.1 you'll want the Server2012R2 drivers https://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5387585&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4168 

This blog http://homeservershow.com/windows-8-1-with-raid0-ssd-on-the-odd-sata-port-in-a-proliant-dl320e-gen8-v2.html also has links to drivers at the end.  The DL320e is a Gen8 and it's drivers for WS2012R2 are the same as for the MicroServer as far as I could tell.

If you're using AHCI mode set in the BIOS then obviously you wouldn't need the B120i drivers or the SSA related Drivers.

You'll want the Maxtor drivers.

You'll want the iLO drivers (the 2 drivers under System Management )

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5387585&swItemId=MTX_f53d1afe75aa4ff3a88fd385f6&swEnvOid=4168

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5387585&swItemId=MTX_0b5a246d210b4e05839c5aadcd&swEnvOid=4168

to clear up device manager errors

hooperrsa

Thank you for the help.

Followed the threads and I think I have what I need. Working perfectly on 8.1

• Like 1

GotNoTime

Ever since XP, Microsoft uses the same core APIs and the kernel in the desktop and server editions of Windows. It is just tuned differently on the various versions to handle foreground or background tasks and will have a different set of services enabled. The Windows 2012 R2 drivers would be what HP would have released for Windows 8.1 if they supported it as a configuration on the G8 Microserver.

Windows 8.1 = Windows Server 2012 R2

Windows 8 = Windows Server 2012

Windows 7 = Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows Vista = Windows Server 2008

Windows XP = Windows Server 2003

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

Excellent!  Thanks GotNoTime!

Namtrooper

Any chance you guys could help me with a driver for B120I Raid controller for windows 10?

brianscrivener

Can anyone help I'm trying to do the same want to I setup windows 8.1 pro on my hp gen 8 with odd bay ssd drive. Can anyone send me the drivers or a link to them that's not dead. I been to the hp downloads but don't know what one to get as there seems to be loads of drivers. Basically I want to run an ssd from the odd bay and run four 3tb red drives in the other bays. Not bothered about it been in any raid 5 etc. Just 4 large drives to pop up in windows is fine. Can anyone help me with this I would be very greatful for any help.

schoondoggy

Windows 8 and 10 are not supported on the MS gen 8, so there are no drivers specifically for them. As gotnotime posted above Win Server 2012 r2 drivers work in Win 8. For the drive configuration you have listed above, you will need to use the B120i and set each to a single drive RAID0 or use AHCI and a boot loader.

• Like 1