RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mmurley

Cannot Install Connector

mmurley

I had to rebuild my Acer 340.

Since I did it from my laptop (server restore), I was connected to it, but the other computers in the home weren't.

After the updates finished, the console icon on my laptop wanted me to update the connector.  I did.  It uninstalled and then failed while trying to download the software - I get "This operation cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persists please call product support."

This happens even if I copy the software to my local drive.  In that case, I get to the password, enter it, and it fails.

I can still remote access into the server and still map drives from it.

mmurley

Actually I just did a restore.  Something was bonked in my initial restore.  After I restored, I installed the connector on all the client computers, then did all the updates, then installed the upgraded connector (PP3).

I'd already had to edit the registry to take out a drive that the console was claimed had failed, yet showed as healthy in server storage.  Now I have to deal with a half dozen file conflicts (on shares that have have thousands of files!).

BTW, thanks for the directions here - http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5176-how-to-remove-missing-drive-from-whs-v1/  - you saved me.

Edited by mmurley

Drashna Jaelre

Well, I'm glad that another restore seems to have fixed the issue!

And yeah, the file conflicts can be .... a PITA. And there isn't an easy fix for it. :(