RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
CraigR

Silverlight is not installed

CraigR

Ok, first time installing and using WHS 2011. I think I have everything set up ok but when I log in and try to stream a video or music I get an "Silverlight is not installed" error box (see attached) However when I click install silverlight it tells me I already have it installed and it's ready to use. Version 5.1 something. This happens in both firefox and IE any ideas???

Capture.JPG

schoondoggy

Have you rebooted the system since you installed Silverlight?

jmwills

First install?  How up to date are all of the patches?

schoondoggy

My wife had to view a live web conference, the software they used required Silverlight. It would act as if it was loading then it would tell her to click on the add on to activate it, but there was never anything to click on in IE. I switched to FireFox with little luck until I found a web post on going into FireFox and enabling SilverLight. Then when I restarted everything FireFox worked as I expected popping up a icon to click on to activate SilverLight, then everything worked. Oddly/coincidentally IE started working with SilverLight as well.

CraigR

I installed silverlight a long time ago so yes many reboots since then. It happens on all 3 of my computers.

Yes, fresh install and took all microsoft updates right away.