RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

For the gadget monger

oj88

I got the 5 port version of this off amazon when it was on sale for about 25$. It's amazing. It charges my iPhone and iPad significantly faster than anything else. My friends would come over and plug their phones in for a quick charge and be surprised at how much they get after just 15 mins.

I highly recommend them.

This morning I ordered their car charger for 15$ that gives 2.4 amps per port. My iPhone 6+ is a power hog.

I was a skeptic before, not really knowing much about the brand. I even thought of it as a cheap knock-off. But the thousands of rave reviews can't be all wrong so I bought one. Well, I was first thoroughly impressed with the packaging... very premium. The item also appears to be well-made. Not a molecule out of place, if you know what I mean. Performance wise, it charged everything I threw at it and it doesn't even generate heat as much as my 12w Apple iPad charger, yet, charged everything as fast as the mobile devices can take it.

Overall, it's beyond decent. It's almost something like Apple could've made... maybe even a notch higher. The only question mark is reliability. Though the 18-month warranty is quite reassuring.

Anker is a good brand. :)

Also, it looks like Amazon suggests a 6 pack of microUSB cables for me. :P

as long as you are getting cables to charge with I suggest looking for some with a thicker power conductor so you can actually take advantage of the current the charger provides.

I agree. Though, a few mA of loss shouldn't be a major issue which at worst, will only extend the charging time a few more minutes than usual. That's NOT to say that you should go out and buy the thinnest USB cable. But I'm much more concerned with how the cables will stand up to abuse, especially when you have non-techie family members. My kid loves playing CoC with his device tethered to the charger. All the movement and accidental tugging may inadvertently break the cables at the stress joints if it's not strong enough.

I once burned down a Capdase charger (or was it a Belkin, not sure) due to a USB cable getting frayed at the joint, shorting it out.

well, I have seen a range of currents from 250 ma to 1250 ma using the 'Ampere' app. this ranges from 12 hours to 2.4 hours of charging time for my 3000 mAH battery so I believe it is a significant factor! maybe not as significant as burning down one's house but not a trivial matter.

Edited by nrf